“We are especially pleased to elevate these accomplished attorneys who exemplify the future leaders of Greenberg Traurig and we look forward to their continued professional growth and success,” said Matt Gorson, Senior Chairman.
MIAMI (PRWEB) March 17, 2018
International law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. elevated to shareholder six Florida attorneys in the Miami and Orlando offices: Eric A. Castleson; Juan Delgado; Gennette E. Faust; Jorge L. Navarro; Stephanie L. Varela; and Jasmine Zacharias. The firm elevated to counsel three Florida attorneys: Andromeda Monroe from the Fort Lauderdale office; and John V. Chibbaro and Ari Newman from the Miami office.
- Castleson is a member of the Real Estate Practice in the Orlando office. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate law and represents clients in virtually all phases of real estate including development, acquisition, financing, leasing, permitting, construction and disposition of real property. Additionally, he advises clients on a full range of property classes, including complex commercial, office, hotel, retail, residential, condominium and mixed-use projects. Castleson graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2004.
- Delgado is a member of the Corporate Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on domestic and international corporate representations, including mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, and bank financings. Delgado has more than a decade of experience representing clients in a wide range of large transactions throughout Latin America. He graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2005.
- Faust is a member of the Tax Practice in the Miami office. She focuses her practice on international tax planning, working with private clients to assist with U.S. income tax, U.S. estate and gift tax, pre-immigration, and expatriation planning. She is also experienced in U.S. tax issues related to cross border business transactions and U.S. investing. Faust graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2008 and received her LL.M. from the University of Miami School of Law in 2012.
- Navarro is a member of the Real Estate Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on general real estate matters, including land use and zoning, procurement, outdoor advertising, environmental permitting, and local government matters. Additionally, he is experienced with zoning entitlements and development approvals for large scale commercial, residential and mixed-use projects, representing clients throughout Miami-Dade County and surrounding municipalities. Navarro graduated top five in his class from Florida International University College of Law in 2009.
- Varela is a member of the Appellate Practice in the Miami office. She focuses her practice on appellate litigation and trial support during all stages of litigation leading up to an appeal, which includes pre-trial and post-trial motion practice. She represents clients in both state and federal courts in a variety of areas of the law, including products liability, medical malpractice, employment litigation, and contract disputes. She is a former staff attorney to Florida Supreme Court Justice Jorge Labarga. Varela graduated from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2009.
- Zacharias is a member of the Corporate Practice in the Miami office. She focuses her practice on corporate finance, private equity and banking and credit matters. She represents private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, public and private borrowers and lenders in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including syndicated and bilateral financings, senior secured financings, mezzanine financings, unsecured financings, investment grade financings, acquisition financings, bridge financings and subscription based financings. Zacharias graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2009.
- Chibbaro is a member of the Environmental Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on environmental and land use matters. He advises developers, utilities and other clients on virtually all aspects of development, from initial permitting and entitlement strategy through government approvals and political, community and public relations issues. Chibbaro is experienced representing clients before local, state and federal agencies and has handled complex regulatory matters. Chibbaro graduated from the University of Chicago Law School in 2006.
- Monroe is a member of the Insurance Practice in the Fort Lauderdale office. She is a prior insurance regulator and in-house counsel for an international insurance holding company system. Monroe’s key areas of focus are insurance company investments, reinsurance transactions, including captive formation, affiliate transactions, acquisitions and restructuring of insurance companies, resolution of financial examination issues and regulatory enforcement actions, unlicensed insurance activities, and motor vehicle, retail and home warranty service contracts. Monroe graduated from Duke University School of Law in 1980.
- Newman is a member of the Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice in the Miami office. He has significant experience handling complex legal issues that arise in business reorganizations, liquidations, distressed asset acquisition and sales, financial restructurings, and adversary proceeding litigation. His representations include Chapter 11 debtors, official committees, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, distressed asset purchasers, and DIP lenders. Newman graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2008.
“We are especially pleased to elevate these accomplished attorneys who exemplify the future leaders of Greenberg Traurig and we look forward to their continued professional growth and success,” said Matt Gorson, Senior Chairman. “Each of them exhibited the firm’s enduring values of talent, leadership and dedication to their clients and communities.”
Firmwide Greenberg Traurig announced the elevation of 42 attorneys to shareholder from 21 of the firm’s offices and 14 practice areas, with female attorneys making up 50 percent of the new shareholder class. The firm reported firmwide revenue for FY2017 of $1,477,180,000, an increase of 7.28 percent over 2016. This is the fourth consecutive year of record-setting revenues for the firm. Additionally, the firm’s Profit per Equity Partner increased 5.42 percent to a record $1,634,000.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.