Our first generation gear remains fully serviceable and has less than 1.5% total RMAs in our first 2 years, but we decided to show our commitment to the fixed wireless space with a redesign, incorporating the direct feedback from customers.
DALLAS (PRWEB) March 16, 2018
Baicells Technologies, a leading provider of disruptive global LTE solutions, has announced the commercial release of its second generation of 1 watt LTE base stations and UE subscriber units for the 3.65 GHz and CBRS band. The redesign is a complete rework from the board to the mechanics. The redesign stems from unique and specific market requests, while maintaining complete backward compatibility and same advanced firmware features of the 1st generation. The new units may be ordered today from Baicells stable of certified partners.
The 2nd generation eNodeB LTE base station features the following modifications:
- 1/3 less weight & 50% less operating power (about 33 watts)
- A single board from 3 boards
- Relocation of ports to reduce clutter & allow for faster weather sealing
- Power connection & Ethernet connection simplified & moved behind a gasketed door
- Redesigned and faster mounting hardware
- Addition of an SFP module (ships with the unit)
The 2nd generation 19.5 dBi LTE UE CPE features the following modifications:
- About 20% smaller antenna, yet maintaining the highest gain in the market at 19.5 dBi
- Vapor release valve & weep holes to reduce condensation risks
- Gasketed door that eliminates Ethernet weather sealing needs
- SIM slot behind the gasketed door
- New and heavy duty mounting
- SD slot for local caching
- Short range Wi-Fi-enabled alignment
- Improved software GUI
“Our first generation gear remains fully serviceable and has less than 1.5% total RMAs in our first 2 years, but we decided to show our commitment to the fixed wireless space with a redesign, incorporating the direct feedback from customers,” explained Patrick Leary, president of Baicells Technologies North America, Inc. “More than just a minor facelift, we rethought these products in their entirety to make them the most WISP-friendly LTE products on the market from an installation and servicing perspective. We know customers will be pleased with the results.”
Baicells solutions are available via several select channels listed on our http://www.na.baicells.com website.
Baicells is a privately-held, high tech company with offices in China and USA. It has introduced some real breakthrough technologies to LTE, like moving a complete LTE system to unlicensed spectrum and building it with an IT based architecture. With Baicells’ turnkey end-to-end solutions, it becomes much easier to provide standard-based LTE wireless broadband within everyone's reach at a very low cost.
North American Press Contact
Marketing Communications Manager
Baicells Technologies, North America
+1 (972) 755-1324