The countdown to the celebration of the century is on
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (PRWEB) March 16, 2018
The countdown has begun. Saturday, March 17, 2018 marks 100 days until the start of the 39th U.S. Senior Open at The Broadmoor. This United States Golf Association (USGA) National Championship will begin staged on The Broadmoor East Course Monday, June 25 through Sunday, July 1. The Senior Open will serve as the capstone event of The Broadmoor’s year-long Centennial Celebration.
U.S. Senior Open Updates:
- Elway: 2018 U.S. Senior Open Honorary Chair, John Elway, will attempt to qualify at The Broadmoor on Monday, May 28.
- Corporate Hospitality: 94% of the hospitality inventory has been sold due to a tremendous response from local, regional and national companies. A limited number of custom packages remain available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tickets: Tickets have been purchased by fans in 47 states. A variety of ticket options, including the recent release of the Medalist Package (including a Broadmoor Centennial commemorative coin), are available for purchase on the championship website.
- Kids in Free: The championship provides all kids, 17 and under, free admission when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Kids are encouraged to visit the junior tent located in the main entrance where they can get a complimentary golf lesson and information about junior golf programs.
- Military Ticket Discount: All Active Duty, Retirees, Active Reserve, and Veterans of any branch of service and immediate dependents receive complimentary admission on Monday, June 25th for Military Day at The Open (MDO) and 50% off gallery ticket options for the remainder of the week.
Details are available on the championship website.
- Television Coverage: FOX Sports will provide five days of live coverage including primetime exposure Thursday, June 28 through Sunday, July 1.
- Volunteers: 98% of the volunteer positions needed are currently full. Applications are still being accepted for juniors ages 13-17. To register please visit the championship website and use code “Junior.”
“The countdown to the celebration of the century is on,” said Russ Miller, Broadmoor Director of Golf. “Golf’s greatest test will definitely be the highlight of The Broadmoor’s Centennial Celebration. The excitement for the championship continues to grow each and every day.”
ABOUT THE U.S. SENIOR OPEN
The 39th U.S. Senior Open, conducted by the United States Golf Association, and to be held June 25-July 1, 2018 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., will feature a field of 156 of the world’s best professional and amateur senior golfers (over the age of 50). Players who are eligible to compete include Fred Couples, Kenny Perry, Bernhard Langer, Vijay Singh, Steve Stricker and Tom Watson. John Elway, who has led the Denver Broncos to Super Bowl victories as both a player and a general manager, is serving as 2018 U.S. Senior Open honorary chairman. This U.S. Senior Open will be the eighth USGA Championship held at The Broadmoor. Fox Network will provide live television coverage of all four rounds of the championship.
About the USGA
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The
R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions is the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
# # #
Kaitlyn Norton, Championship Manager (knorton(at)brunoeventteam(dot)com; phone 719-471-6493)