Ted L. Edwards, Jr., M.D. and I. Harrison Moore, M.D. believe that true healing treats the whole person, aiming to achieve emotional and spiritual, as well as physical well-being. Call now for an appointment (512) 327-4886
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) March 27, 2018
Once again, the Hills Medical Group is “Leading the Way to Wellness™ through the innovative application of integrative medicine.
The principals of the practice, Ted L. Edwards, Jr., M.D. and I. Harrison Moore, M.D. have been trained in the latest techniques to merge both realms. As practitioners of integrative medicine, they believe that true healing treats the whole person, aiming to achieve emotional and spiritual, as well as physical well-being.
Their specialties include personalized care utilizing Functional Medicine modalities. Some of the complex illnesses they see are Lyme Disease, CIRS, Cognitive Decline, and Alzheimer’s Disease. They also offer complementary Cancer Care treatments to help improve a patients outcome as well as improve their quality of life.
Each of The Hills Medical Group’s specialties are described below.
- Functional medicine is a form of alternative medicine which proponents say focuses on interactions between the environment and the gastrointestinal, endocrine, and immune systems. Practitioners develop individual treatment plans for people they treat. Functional medicine is a medical practice or treatments that focus on optimal functioning of the body and its organs, usually involving systems of holistic or alternative medicine. In fact, you don't have to have a disease to reap the full benefits from functional medicine. In fact, I. Harrison Moore, M.D. is a current member of the Institute of Functional Medicine and is certified as a Functional Medicine practitioner.
- Lyme disease is an infection transmitted by ticks and is both difficult to accurately diagnose and treat. The Hills Medical Group utilizes a Lyme Disease Evaluation 38-point Questionnaire for you to use to see if you have Lyme Disease coupled with the recommended testing by ILAD. Dr. Moore has completed the required training to be able to evaluate and treat Lyme Disease in Texas.
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) is “An acute and chronic, systemic inflammatory response syndrome acquired following exposure to the interior environment of a water-damaged building with resident toxigenic organisms, including, but not limited to fungi, bacteria, actinomycetes and mycobacteria.
- Cognitive Decline – Mild cognitive impairment (MCI) causes a slight but noticeable and measurable decline in cognitive abilities, including memory and thinking skills. A person with MCI is at an increased risk of developing Alzheimer's or another dementia. (See below.)
- Alzheimer's disease is a progressive disease that destroys memory and other important mental functions. At first, someone with Alzheimer's disease may notice mild confusion and difficulty remembering. Eventually, people with the disease may even forget important people in their lives and undergo dramatic personality changes. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia — a group of brain disorders that cause the loss of intellectual and social skills. In Alzheimer's disease, the brain cells degenerate and die, causing a steady decline in memory and mental function.
- Complementary cancer care is treatments that are used along with standard medical treatments but are not considered to be standard treatments. One example is using IV vitamin C to lessen the negative side effects of cancer treatment.
Take command of your health and well-being -- and make an appointment with The Hills Medical Group today by calling (512) 327-4886.
The Hills Medical Group seeks to unite patients and doctors in a partnership to improve overall health by treating the person, not merely the disease. Practitioners of integrative medicine believe that true healing treats the whole person, aiming to achieve emotional and spiritual, as well as physical well-being.
The principals are ordained ministers and believe in the power of prayer and offer prayer as well as spiritual guidance as part of the healing process.
4201 Bee Caves Road, Suite B112, West Lake Hills, Texas 78746 Phone: 512-327-4886