We’re very pleased with the success of PENETRON crystalline technology in Cyprus. Our rapidly growing portfolio of projects confirms the value and effectiveness of our crystalline technology.
EAST SETAUKET, N.Y. (PRWEB) March 21, 2018
Blessed with a Mediterranean climate and strategic location, Cyprus offers many advantages. The flurry of completed projects on the island in March, 2018, underscores the success of PENETRON crystalline technology, which keeps construction projects unaffected by moisture and on schedule.
Located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa, Cyprus has long been an important trade center. After joining the European Union in 2004, Cyprus rapidly grew into a regional business and banking hub. Penetron has been increasingly busy with a wide range of construction projects on the island.
Working with Local Teams for Durable Solutions
“The country is now emerging from the shock of the recent Eurozone crisis that wracked the island’s economy,” explains Theodor Mentzikofakis, Managing Director of Penetron Hellas SA. “Over the past two to three years, the Penetron team has continued to win a rising number of projects across the island.”
This growth in projects illustrates how Penetron provides high performance crystalline waterproofing products, as well as how local Penetron teams work with the respective engineering and construction teams in Cyprus to help come up with durable waterproofing solutions. Finally, the ease of use of Penetron products helps the builder stay on schedule.
Crystalline Technology Reduces Permeability
A selection of our most recent projects completed over the past month shows a wide range of possible applications for crystalline technology:
- 360 Nicosia – with 34 floors of luxury apartments, this residential tower is the tallest building in Nicosia; the project features a swimming pool overlooking the city and three levels of underground parking (for 235 cars). PENETRON ADMIX was used to waterproof the underground structures and the swimming pool.
- AEK Arena Georgios Karapatakis – this soccer stadium in Larnaca is the new home field of AEK Larnaca, with a seating capacity of 7,400. PENETRON ADMIX was used throughout the arena’s concrete foundation, walls and pre-cast seating.
- Pentakomo Wastewater Treatment Plant – located on the southern coast of Cyprus just east of Limassol, the new plant replaces existing wastewater reservoirs in that area. PENETRON topical crystalline products were applied to the concrete treatment tanks and primary and secondary clarifiers.
- Larnaca General Hospital – the new wing is a stand-alone, four-story building with 19,7000 m2 (217,000 square feet) of space and two below-grade floors; it will house offices, outpatient clinics, and the physiotherapy department. PENETRON ADMIX was used to treat all below-grade concrete structures.
- Eurobank Cyprus Headquarters Nicosia – this 16-floor office tower, with 25,000 m2 (275,000 square feet) of space, features underground parking on three below-grade levels for 300 cars. PENETRON ADMIX was mixed into the concrete for the underground parking garage.
Most often specified to treat below-ground and exposed concrete, PENETRON ADMIX creates an integrated, durable concrete structure that is permanently waterproof. The crystalline waterproofing technology unleashed by this admixture reduces permeability by permanently sealing micro-cracks, pores and capillaries, effectively protecting the concrete against water penetration and the effects of corrosion from chloride penetration and carbonation, even under the hydrostatic pressure conditions found in Cyprus.
Sealing Cracks with Self-Healing Capability
In addition to mixing PENETRON ADMIX into the concrete during batching, PENEBAR SW waterstop strips are applied to permanently seal all resulting construction joints. For topical applications, both PENETRON topical crystalline material and PENECRETE MORTAR are used to enable the concrete to seal cracks and maintain a permanent self-healing capability for the life of the concrete.
“We’re very pleased with the success of PENETRON crystalline technology in Cyprus,” says Robert Revera, President and CEO of The Penetron Group. “Our rapidly growing portfolio of projects confirms the value and effectiveness of our crystalline technology.”
The Penetron Group is a leading manufacturer of specialty construction products for concrete waterproofing, concrete repairs and floor preparation systems. The Group operates through a global network, offering support to the design and construction community through its regional offices, representatives and distribution channels.
For more information on PENETRON waterproofing solutions, please visit penetron(dot)com or Facebook(dot)com/ThePenetronGroup, email CRDept(at)penetron(dot)com, or contact the Corporate Relations Department at 631-941-9700.