We have committed to supplying high quality Magnesium Chloride and Sodium Metabisulfite products with high ratio of price to quality to meet the customers’ demands and pride ourselves on helping clients develop sustainable and successful businesses.
WEIFANG, China (PRWEB) March 29, 2018
Sodium Metabisulfite (or Sodium pyrosulfite) is an inorganic compound consisted of sodium, sulfur and oxygen, which is a white, or yellowish-white crystalline powder that easily dissolves in water. OLE Chemical produces high-quality Na2S2O5. Sodium metabisulfite food grade that is widely used as preservative, bleaching or leavening agent, and antioxidant in food.
Six important considerations while using sodium metabisulfite in food. The following points should be noted in the use of sodium metabisulfite in foods processing:
- Sodium metabisulfite is reductive bleach, of which the solution is unstable and volatile, and needs to be prepared while in using in case sulfates are unstable and volatile.
- Metal ions existed in food can oxidize the residue sulfuric acid, and also can oxidize the pigment of the restored pigment to reduce the effect of bleaching agent. Therefore, metal-chelator is also used in production.
- Bleach matters by sulfites, since sulfur dioxide lost but easy to recolor, usually excessive amounts of sulphur dioxide are left in food, but the residue should not exceed the standard.
- Sulfuric acid cannot inhibit the activity of pectinase, which can damage the cohesion of pectin. Besides, if sulfuric acid infiltrates into the fruit tissue, sulfur dioxide can be eliminated when the fruits are crushed during processing. Therefore, fruits that are preserved with sulfuric acid only are suitable for making jam, dried fruit, fruit wine, and preserved fruit rather than the raw materials of canned food.
- Sulfites can destroy thiamine, which cannot be used in fish food.
- Sulfite is easy to react with aldehydes, ketones and proteins.
Sodium metabisulfite Encyclopedia:
Sodium metabisulfite is white or yellow crystalline powder or small crystallization, with a strong SO2 odor. Sodium metabisulfite has a stronger reductive effect than sulfite, which is similar to sodium sulfite.
Application in food industry:
Sodium metabisulfite is widely used as preservative, bleaching or leavening agent, and antioxidant in food. Click here to know more about Na2S2O5.
This webpage https://olechem.com/sodium-metabisulfite-preservative/ will give more ideas about different grades of sodium metabisulfite.
About OLE Chemical:
OLE Chemical is a China based Sodium Metabisulfite and Magnesium Chloride manufacturer founded in 2007, OLE has been supplying Magnesium Chloride and Sodium Metabisulfite products with high ratio of price to quality to meet the customers’ demands and pride on helping clients develop sustainable and successful businesses.