“We were on a fast-track pace, with over 130 tradespeople on-site with 15 different trades working simultaneously during peak construction,” said Nicole Looney, Director of Gilbane’s Interiors Group in Boston.
BOSTON (PRWEB) March 30, 2018
Gilbane Building Company recently celebrated the opening of Reebok’s new headquarters, touring the facility with Reebok executives and Mayor Walsh, who welcomed the employees to Boston. Gilbane’s Interiors Group, in conjunction with Jones Lang LaSalle, provided construction management services for the interior fit-out of the headquarters, located within the Innovation & Design building in Boston.
Reebok challenged Gilbane’s Interiors Group to create a space that promotes employee engagement and inspires creativity. Construction was completed in seven phases in various bays and locations throughout the Design Center, with the Gilbane team operating 24-hours a day, seven days a week to successfully meet the project deadline.
“We were on a fast-track pace, with over 130 tradespeople on-site with 15 different trades working simultaneously during peak construction,” said Nicole Looney, Director of Gilbane’s Interiors Group in Boston. “Communication and coordination with our partners was paramount to this project’s success and it’s extremely gratifying to now see Reebok employees working in a truly unique office environment that embodies the company’s mission to challenge convention.”
In addition to a collaborative workspace, Reebok worked with Gilbane to create the fittest, healthiest workplace in the country. The headquarters includes:
- 220,000sf spanning five floors and three building addresses
- Facility features include vast office space, collaborative work areas, conference rooms, client showrooms, two-story gym, design lab, production studio, and a retail store
- The 30,000sf state-of-the-art gym comes complete with a raised Cross-Fit floor, boxing ring, free weight and stationary equipment, and interactive classrooms for fitness, dance, yoga, and spin
- Hotel-style employee workstations, with an open layout and minimal separation to promote collaboration
- Conference and meeting areas in the center of each floor that look out over the office through demountable glass partitions
- A fifth floor that spans the length of a football field, encompassing multiple bays at the Design Center
The Reebok headquarters was recently honored at the 11th Annual IIDA (International Interior Design Association) New England Interior Design Awards, where project architect Gensler was the winner in the over 80,000 sf category.
About Gilbane Building Company
Gilbane provides a full slate of construction and facilities-related services – from pre-construction planning and integrated consulting capabilities to comprehensive construction management, general contracting, design-build and facility management services – for clients across various markets. Founded in 1873 and still a privately held, family-owned company, Gilbane has 46 office locations worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.gilbaneco.com.
Gilbane has been a leading Boston construction firm since 1946, serving commercial, institutional, and public clients in the Commonwealth. Gilbane’s Boston Interiors Group offers specialized value and enhanced flexibility addressing the needs of clients and unique interior projects, while utilizing the depth of Gilbane resources. Clients include AIG, Latham & Watkins, Google, CBRE, Equity Office Properties, Fidelity Investments, State Street Bank, and the Boston Red Sox/Fenway Park.