“Our goal is to help swimming pool owners reduce the cost and hassle of keeping their pool clean and allow them to get greater enjoyment from that major investment. The Solar-Breeze NX2 takes us one step further in our mission.”
TEMPE, Ariz. (PRWEB) April 06, 2018
Tempe-based Solar Pool Technologies Inc. (SPT) announced the release of its newest solar-powered robotic pool cleaner, the Solar-Breeze NX2. The redesigned automatic pool cleaner offers pool owners improved performance and durability, along with state-of-the-art solar technology.
Swimming pools are the second-largest consumer of electricity in the sunbelt home after air conditioning. By using solar energy to operate, the Solar-Breeze NX2 can help reduce a sunbelt pool’s energy bill by up to two-thirds. Removing debris from the surface of the pool before it decays and sinks to the bottom results in less bacteria growth in the pool, meaning less sanitation and filtration is required. The robotic pool cleaner also has a chlorine dispenser that releases chlorine evenly across the pool. But most importantly, customers never have to hand-skim their pool again, and their pool is always swim-ready.
“Solar Pool Technologies is dedicated to continuously advancing the technology of our robot to improve performance, quality and reliability on an ongoing basis,” said Paul Sim, CEO. “Our goal is to help swimming pool owners reduce the cost and hassle of keeping their pool clean and allow them to get greater enjoyment from that major investment. The Solar-Breeze NX2 takes us one step further in our mission.”
One of the objectives of the redesign for the robotic pool cleaner was to improve power output and reduce power consumption to extend the daily operating cycle of the unit. To do this the coating on the solar panels was changed, resulting in greater energy output and more charge being delivered to the battery. This allows the unit to run longer after sundown. A redesign of the floating pontoon reduces drag, which lowers the amount of energy required to move the unit through the water and allows it to run longer on a battery charge.
In addition, the Solar-Breeze NX2 also includes the following enhancements from the previous model, Solar-Breeze NX:
- The base material of the automatic pool cleaner was changed to Polycarbonate resulting improved UV resistance and better overall fit and finish of the unit.
- The debris tray system was redesigned to make the tray easier to install and remove. It now also locks into place when properly installed.
- The systems that seal and water-proof the electronics of the robot were improved.
- Redesign of the drive systems for the robot result in smoother and quieter operation. This further reduces power consumption and extends the life of these components.
- Redesign of the motor gearbox reduces motor noise and increases longevity of the motor/gearbox assembly.
- Improved software allows the robot to maneuver better when it encounters obstructions. The reverse navigation speed was increased to allow a longer back-up for smoother escape from obstructions.
- The NX2 has obtained CE certification, which allows it to be exported to the European Union.
“Consumers have a desire for simple, convenient technologies that make pool maintenance easier and less costly,” said Sim. “This was obvious from the enthusiastic response to our 2015 Kickstarter campaign, which raised more than $400,000 to put the Solar-Breeze NX into production. We’re excited to offer the improved design and enhanced technology of the Solar-Breeze NX2 in time for the 2018 swim season.”
About Solar Pool Technologies, Inc.
Solar Pool Technologies, Inc. integrates solar power and robotics to create energy-saving pool cleaning systems that reduce the cost and hassle of keeping a swimming pool clean. Since the introduction of the original Solar-Breeze, the company has sold over 12,000 pool cleaning robots in 44 US states and 18 countries. The company has received numerous awards and recognitions for innovation and sustainability, and its patented technology is creating a whole new category of pool cleaning product.