HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (PRWEB) April 11, 2018
April is here, and while many New Yorkers use the opportunity to go outside for fresh air or clean up the house, it’s also the perfect time to make sure the family cars are in their best condition. The extra attention isn’t just good for your wallet – it’s also going to help the environment, as well as your fellow drivers. The Car Care Council has designated April as National Car Care Month to remind drivers to make sure their vehicles are in road-ready shape!
The Car Care Council aims to spread awareness that better car maintenance has several benefits, including cleaner air, energy conservation, safer roads, and consumer savings. Better car maintenance can save money, improve safety, and reduce pollution.
“It is always very important to give your vehicle a once-over before driving,” says Allstate New York spokesperson, Christina Kelly. “Checking your battery, engine, brakes, tire pressure, coolant, transmission, and windshield washer fluids before driving long distances is essential. Also, always make sure mirrors and seats are adjusted and seat belts are working properly.”
The Car Care Council recommends the following maintenance tips for spring:
1. Check every fluid. There are several fluids that require attention on a periodic basis including power steering, engine oil, brake and transmission fluids, windshield washer fluid, and antifreeze. For maximum engine life, change the oil and filter every three months or 3,000 miles, or as directed in your owner's manual. Use specified oil grade and weight.
2. Check hoses and belts. A belt that fails can affect the electrical system, air conditioning and power steering, as well as the cooling system. Cooling system hoses may be deteriorated from within, so old hoses and clamps in marginal condition might need to be replaced.
3. Check the tires. Check tire inflation and inspect the tread for uneven wear, indicating the need for wheel alignment. Also look for bulges and bald spots.
4. Check the brakes. Now is a good time to check the entire system, including brake linings, rotors and drums.
5. Change the wiper blades. Replace every six months or when cracked, cut, torn, streaking or chattering.
And now that National Car Care month is here, Allstate also suggests an additional check on your insurance coverage, to make sure everything is up to date and that you have complete coverage with the most current features and discounts. For example, at Allstate now your good habits could pay off even more with Drivewise. Drivewise helps personalize your auto experience by rewarding your safe driving with a discount on your insurance. In addition to saving you money, you’ll be able to see your Drivewise performance through the Allstate Mobile smartphone app that offers tools to help keep you safer on the road. The smarter you drive, the more you can earn.
For more information on Drivewise and other Allstate discounts, contact your local Allstate agent. Find an Allstate Insurance agent near you today.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer, protecting approximately 16 million households from life’s uncertainties through auto, home, life and other insurance offered through its Allstate, Esurance, Encompass and Answer Financial brand names. Other growth platforms include predictive analytics company Arity and consumer-product protection plan company SquareTrade. Allstate is widely known through the slogan “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®.” Allstate agencies are in virtually every local community in America. In 2016, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate, its employees and agency owners gave $42 million to support local communities.
# # #