HERNDON, Va. (PRWEB) April 23, 2018
The Capital Health Tech Summit will showcase how the intersection of commercial, government and academic assets makes Greater Washington the epicenter for innovation and opportunity in the health technology sector. Todd Stottlemyer, CEO, Inova Center for Personalized Health, will deliver keynote remarks.
Panel discussions will feature experts from world leading healthcare organizations, universities and firms developing the latest health technologies and will cover such topics as precision medicine, blockchain and healthcare, and the patient experience. During the Summit’s innovation flash briefings session, companies will present five-minute flash briefings highlighting groundbreaking or unique innovations that could ultimately be game changers in health.
Some of the top innovators serving as panelists include:
- Jose L. Arrieta, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition, Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Jon Booth, Director, Web and New Media Group, Office of Communication, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Dr. Mike Buschmann, Chair of Bioengineering, Volgenau School of Engineering, George Mason University
- Dr. Henry “Skip” Francis, Director of Data Mining and Informatics Evaluation and Research Group, Office of Translational Sciences, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, FDA
- Dr. Crystal Icenhour, CEO and Co-Founder, Aperiomics
- Dr. Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, Founder, SoKat.co, and Assistant Professor, Finance, Johns Hopkins University
- Shirley McElhatton, Director of Patient Service Excellence, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Michael Thomas, Director, Venture Capital, Inova Personalized Healthcare Accelerator
- Mudar Yaghi, Chairman and CEO, AppTek
The Capital Health Tech Summit will deliver tremendous business development and educational value to the entire technology community, providing an unprecedented opportunity to promote the region’s health technology assets and connect people, companies and national policymakers. View the Summit agenda here.
May 10, 2018
7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Inova Center for Personalized Health
3225 Gallows Rd
Fairfax, Va. 22037
To register as a member of the press, please contact Alexa Magdalenski at 703-904-7878, ext. 207 or email amagdalenski(at)nvtc(dot)org.
The event is free for press, but advanced registration is required. Press credentials are required for entry.
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is the membership and trade association for the technology community in Northern Virginia. As the largest technology council in the nation, NVTC serves about 1,000 companies from all sectors of the technology industry, as well as service providers, universities, foreign embassies, nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies. Through its member companies, NVTC represents about 300,000 employees in the region. NVTC is recognized as the nation's leader in providing its technology community with networking and educational events; specialized services and benefits; public policy advocacy; branding of its region as a major global technology center; initiatives in targeted business sectors and in the international, entrepreneurship, workforce and education arenas; and the NVTC Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity that supports the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative and other priorities within Virginia's technology community. Visit NVTC at http://www.nvtc.org.