RICHMOND, Calif. (PRWEB) April 19, 2018
Richmond, CA, April 19, 2018 – The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show kicks off its celebration of sailing, boating, and the marine sport lifestyle with events and exhibits for all generations of maritime enthusiasts over four days in Richmond, CA from Thursday, April 19 through Sunday, April 22.
New sail and power boats on display include Beneteau Yachts, Catalina, Corsair Catamaran, Cruisers Yachts, Dehler Yachts, Elling Yachts, Hanse Yachts, Jeanneau, Riviera, Tiara Yachts, and more. New and exciting marine products include offerings from Spinlock, Imtra, Star Marine Electronics, Neptune Maps, Svendsen’s Marine & Industrial Supply, and many others.
Activities for the whole family:
- Stand Up Paddle: if you have always wanted to try SUP, 510 Waterline offers free mini-intros with short rides at the boat launch ramp Friday, April 20, 11:30 am - 2 pm and on Saturday, April 21, 11 am - 2 pm. They also have a Just Paddle excursion on Friday, April 20, 9 am - 10:30 am, an Earth Day paddle on Saturday, April 21, 9 am - 10:30 am and a SUP yoga class on Sunday, April 22 from 9 am - 10:30 am. Boat show attendees can get out on the water and see the San Francisco Bay and Richmond from a new perspective.
- Hands-on boating clinics run daily by Bay Area companies Club Nautique and Passage Nautical, featuring both sail and power boats.
- Radio-controlled model yacht racing, a favorite activity for young and old alike will take place daily at the marina - free.
Environment and safety focus at this year’s event:
- Coast Guard Helicopter Water Rescue: Saturday and Sunday 10 am - 3 pm - (dependent upon Coast Guard priorities).
- Earth Day Celebration: On Saturday, April 21 Groundwork Richmond, an environmental organization restoring the environment with the next generation of environmental stewards, celebrates Earth Day at Marina Bay Yacht Harbor with their kayak fleet, nature and environment interactive lessons and free on-the-water tours of Richmond’s historic waterfront.
- 9 am - Green Team Wet-Run Safety Training
- 10 am - Guided kayaking tours available for the general public to navigate the harbor
- 12:30 pm - Public information Session with SF Bay Water Trail
- 1 pm - Public Boating tours continue until 3 pm
More good times:
- Captain Tanja Koster, a fun instructor just returning from a teaching adventure in Belize, is a passionate advocate for women sailors and wants you to know that sensitivity is an asset for sailing through her free class Women-on-Board, Sensitivity Saves Money, Thursday, April 19. Details on free seminars.
- TGIF Party: Friday April 20: if you are at the show by 5:30 pm you can attend the free Latitude 38 and Twin Rivers Marine Insurance TGIF Party at Assemble restaurant. Be sure to bring your show ticket for admission.
- Arthur B. Hanson Rescue Medal: Saturday, April 21, 5:30 pm, in the tent outside Craneway Pavilion, US Sailing presents the Arthur B. Hanson Rescue Medal to Roger van Hertsen and his father Evrand van Hertsen for their rescue of a swimmer severely injured by an attacking sea lion in San Francisco Bay December 14, 2017.
- Cruisers’ Party: The awards presentation kicks off Cruising Outpost’s Cruisers’ Party and raffle at 6 pm to benefit the Educational Tall Ships Foundation Project in Sausalito.
- Available at the Visit Richmond CA’s booth is the Richmond Trail Guide with a map of where to EAT, DRINK, STAY & PLAY in Richmond.
The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show thanks its generous sponsors, Svendsen’s Marine & Industrial Supply, Gill, Cruising Outpost, New England Ropes, West Marine, Weems & Plath and Ocean Navigator. The show is in its third year at Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond, CA and will be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday 10 am to 5 pm. Details online at http://www.PacificBoatShow.com, on Twitter @PacificBoatShow and on Facebook @PacificSailandPowerBoatShow.
About Sail America
Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show is produced by Sail America. Sail America is the trade association for the U.S. sailing industry and plays a vital role for all companies that are involved in providing sailing-related products and services. Established in 1990, Sail America works hard to promote the health and growth of sailing. http://www.sailamerica.com
Richmond, CA is a San Francisco Bay Area city with fascinating historic roots on 32 miles of shoreline on the SF Bay and is home to three breweries, two wine bars, three great dog parks, 13 museums and art centers and five yacht clubs and marinas. Visit Richmond CA
Photos and logos available upon request or access The Press Room.