“DataON leverages both the features of Windows Admin Center and the complementary capabilities provided by DataON’s MUST interface to light up end-to-end management scenarios on DataON’s Windows Server software-defined solutions.”
ANAHEIM, Calif. (PRWEB) May 03, 2018
ANAHEIM, Calif. – May 3, 2018 – DataON, the industry-leading provider of hyper-converged infrastructure and storage systems optimized for Windows Server environments, today announces DataON MUST for Microsoft Windows Admin Center.
DataON MUST (Management Utility Software Tool) provides a high level of infrastructure visibility, monitoring, and management for Windows Server-based hyper-converged infrastructure, networking and storage. It simplifies data center management and helps enterprise customers transition from traditional SANs to a Windows Server-based hyper-converged infrastructure.
The integration of MUST with Windows Admin Center provides a seamless experience for customers to use both Windows Admin Center and MUST through a single pane of glass.
The MUST extension also provides unique functionality that enhances the Windows Admin Center experience:
- Historic Data Reporting – Provides real-time and monthly dashboards of your system performance data including IOPS, latency, throughput on your cluster, storage pools, volumes and nodes.
- Disk Mapping – MUST displays the device types and components in each of the nodes, providing a clear disk map of your entire node. It shows the number of disks, disk type, location and slot of each drive, and disk health status.
- System Alerts – Leverages Windows Health Service faults to identify hardware failures, configuration issues and resource saturation. It also provides multi-level assessments with specific locations, fault descriptions and recovery actions. You can also leverage third party SNMP monitoring traps to alert you when you need disk or hardware replacements.
- SAN-like Call Home Service – Prompted by system alerts, administrators can have automated email alerts sent to key contacts.
“DataON MUST for Windows Admin Center represents DataON’s latest innovation for Windows Server-based environments,” said Howard Lo, vice president of sales and marketing, DataON. “We’ve taken our standalone MUST visibility, monitoring, and management tool and enabled it to work within Windows Admin Center. Customers will benefit from the expanded capabilities that MUST provides, and the combination of MUST and Windows Admin Center from a single console will provide the ultimate management experience for Windows Server-based infrastructures.”
“DataON saw the potential in Project Honolulu from the beginning,” said Samuel Li, Principal Program Manager Lead for Windows Server Management Experiences, Microsoft Corporation. “Even before our Technical Preview release at Microsoft Ignite 2017, DataON expressed strong interest in extension and integration scenarios. I am very excited to showcase DataON as one of our first three launch partners with an extension built using Windows Admin Center SDK preview capabilities. I am grateful for the DataON partnership and their contributions toward validating our SDK for broader preview readiness. Throughout this process, I have seen DataON’s keen focus on maximizing value for our mutual customers, and defining an optimized integration strategy that leverages both the features of Windows Admin Center and the complementary capabilities provided by DataON’s MUST interface to light up end-to-end management scenarios on DataON’s Windows Server software-defined solutions.”
MICROSOFT WINDOWS ADMIN CENTER
Windows Admin Center is an evolution for Windows Server management tools. It consolidates local and remote server management into a single pane of glass with a locally deployed, browser-based management experience.
Previously known as “Project Honolulu”, Windows Admin Center complements, but does not replace, System Center and Operations Management Suite.
Windows Admin Center lets you manage your Windows Server infrastructure with no Azure or cloud dependency, gives you full control over all aspects of your server infrastructure, and is useful for managing servers on private networks that are not connected to the Internet.
DataON MUST (Management Utility Software Tool) infrastructure visibility, monitoring and management software is a tool this is included with DataON hyper-converged solutions. It leverages the Windows Storage Health Service API (SM-API) to provide advanced cluster monitoring, performance metrics, system health statistics, and automated system alerts for Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaces Direct.
MUST delivers SAN-like storage monitoring features through a single pane of glass, providing real-time dashboard level metrics for IOPS, latency, and throughput on cluster nodes and volumes. With system alerts based on Windows Health Service faults and SAN-like call home services, systems administrators can be automatically notified of hardware failures, configuration issues and resource saturation.
- SDDC & Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Tier – Provides system-level information on performance, capacity, hardware inventory and faults/alerts. The dashboard-level view displays operations, analytics, infrastructure health management, storage systems metrics and event logging insights.
- Systems and Storage Services Audit Log Tier – Provides detailed logging-level visibility for events, so you can perform root cause analysis and export source data for analytics.
- Hyper-Converged Cluster/Node Tier – Provides pool, volume and device-level performance, health and operational analytics for your HCI cluster. This enables you to proactively perform systems maintenance and better understand requirements for workload migrations.
DataON was the first to market with a tool that provides visibility, monitoring and management of Windows Server 2016 deployments.
DataON is the industry-leading provider of hyper-converged infrastructure and storage systems optimized for Microsoft Windows Server environments, with over 600 enterprise deployments and over 120PB of Storage Spaces Direct deployments. Our solutions are built with the single purpose of rapidly and seamlessly deploying Microsoft applications, virtualization, data protection and hybrid cloud services. Our company is exclusively focused on customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” and we provide the ultimate platform for the Microsoft software-defined data center (SDDC). DataON is a division of Area Electronics. For more information, go to http://www.dataonstorage.com or call +1 (714) 441-8820.