The changing publishing landscape means you can not only sell without massive storage but can do so in a variety of formats … and in a publishing timeframe of as little as 12 weeks.
DENVER (PRWEB) May 04, 2018
What better way to recognize Cinco de Mayo than with five priceless publishing tips? Outskirts Press, the No. 1-rated self-publishing company according to Top Consumer Reviews, offers would-be independent authors five ways to get well on the way to self-publishing by Independence Day.
Self-publishing technology has come a long way since the early days of so-called “vanity press.” No longer does an indie author need to order and warehouse mounds of book copies in order to sell. The changing publishing landscape means you can not only sell without massive storage but can do so in a variety of formats … and in a publishing timeframe of as little as 12 weeks.
So, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, Outskirts Press is offering five ways to move self-publishing forward:
1. Get help crossing the finish line. Sometimes a skilled – and unbiased – ghostwriter can assess and finesse a nearly complete manuscript more quickly than the author can. A fresh set of eyes is a surefire way to expedite the final stages of writing.
2. Knock out the final read-through. Many independent authors rely on friends and family to beta-read their manuscript before publication. However, this approach can cost valuable time as non-professional readers miss unofficial “deadline.” It is a good investment to hire a professional editor, who will be working on a firm deadline and will have a much greater eye for grammar, punctuation and flow.
3. Never underestimate the frustration of formatting. Book formatting is much more complex than adding indentations and selecting fonts. Just ask anyone who’s ever tried to master alternate page numbering! Save hours – even days or weeks – of frustration by handing over this taxing task to a formatter who can turn the raw manuscript into a professional looking book in a fraction of the time.
4. Don’t “blow your cover.” A book cover design is an investment that can pay off like no other. In an age when readers are spending mere seconds deciding if a book is worthy of a second look, the cover is the most powerful marketing tool an author can have.
5. Get ready to bundle. When time is of the essence, authors can move forward more quickly by taking advantage of publishing packages that include everything they will need to complete the publishing process, instead of selecting a la carte options as they go. This approach saves time and money, and gets authors selling sooner.
For more information about self-publishing and book marketing services from Outskirts Press, visit the company at http://www.OutskirtsPress.com.
About Outskirts Press Inc.: Outskirts Press helps authors develop and publish high-quality books by offering exceptional design, printing, publishing, distribution and book marketing services. Top Consumer Reviews ranks Outskirts Press No. 1 because they are passionate about delivering outstanding customer service, affordable pricing, industry-leading royalties, and a team of hands-on, U.S.-based publishing experts. At http://www.outskirtspress.com authors can publish their book, their way, today.
Outskirts Press Inc., 10940 S. Parker Road, #515, Parker, CO 80134