FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (PRWEB) May 09, 2018
Michigan Auto Law announces its annual list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous intersections in Michigan, based on car crashes that occurred in 2017.
To advance our goal of helping to make driving safer, our attorneys assemble this list as a public service every year, based on traffic crash report data collected by the Michigan State Police.
Our list of the most dangerous intersections allows Michigan drivers to make informed choices about how to best keep themselves and their families safe: Avoid the intersections all together, when possible, or be extra-cautious when driving through one if unavoidable.
Intersections are dangerous places to be: Michigan Traffic Crash Facts reports that in 2016 over 30% of all fatal car crashes occurred at intersections.
Below is our list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections in Michigan in 2017:
1. 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren/Center Line, 194 Total Crashes, 32 Injury Crashes
2. 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 165 Total Crashes, 13 Injury Crashes
3. TELEGRAPH RD @ 12 MILE RD, Southfield, 150 Total Crashes, 23 Injury Crashes
4. ORCHARD LAKE RD @ 14 MILE RD, Farmington Hills/West Bloomfield Twp, 144 Total Crashes, 24 Injury Crashes
5. MARTIN PKWY @ PONTIAC TRL, Commerce Twp 142 Total Crashes, 9 Injury Crashes
6. I 75 @ BIG BEAVER RD, Troy, 120 Total Crashes, 13 Injury Crashes
7. METROPOLITAN PKWY @ MOUND RD, Sterling Heights, 117 Total Crashes, 24 Injury Crashes
8. SCHOOLCRAFT RD @ TELEGRAPH RD, Redford Twp, 112 Total Crashes, 16 Injury Crashes
9. STATE ST @ ELLSWORTH RD, Ann Arbor/Pittsfield Twp, 110 Total Crashes, 2 Injury Crashes
10. FORD RD @ LILLEY RD, Canton Twp, 109 Total Crashes, 24 Injury Crashes
11. HALL RD/M 59 @ SCHOENHERR RD, Utica/Sterling Heights, 107 Total Crashes, 23 Injury Crashes
12. 23 MILE RD @ I 94, Chesterfield Twp, 104 Total Crashes, 36 Injury Crashes
13. METROPOLITAN PKWY @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 102 Total Crashes, 23 Injury Crashes
14. SOUTHFIELD RD @ 11 MILE RD, Lathrup Village, 102 Total Crashes, 17 Injury Crashes
15. HALL RD/M 59 @ ROMEO PLANK RD, Clinton Twp, 95 Total Crashes, 34 Injury Crashes
16. US 131 @ WEALTHY ST, Grand Rapids, 91 Total Crashes, 13 Injury Crashes
17. DIX AVE @ M 39, Lincoln Park, 90 Total Crashes, 32 Injury Crashes
18. I 75 @ M 59, Auburn Hills, 90 Total Crashes, 27 Injury Crashes
19. 6 MILE RD @ I 96, Livonia, 89 Total Crashes, 24 Injury Crashes
20. FORD RD @ HAGGERTY RD, Canton Twp, 89 Total Crashes, 20 Injury Crashes
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
Visit our Michigan Dangerous Intersections (https://www.michiganautolaw.com/accidents/dangerous-intersections/) page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be searched by any Michigan city or county.
Michigan Auto Law attorneys and legal experts have been featured in local, state and national publications. They are selected for their expertise in auto law matters. If you are in the media and would like to speak with an expert for your story, contact Todd Berg at (248) 353-7575 or tberg(at)michiganautolaw(dot)com.
About Michigan Auto Law
At Michigan Auto Law, our lawyers practice exclusively in helping people who’ve been hurt in car truck, and motorcycle accidents in the state of Michigan. More than 98 percent of our lawsuits resolve in substantial settlements, because our focus is combined with an excellent trial record that defense attorneys pay to avoid, including the top-reported auto accident jury verdicts and settlements in Michigan.
Michigan Auto Law has offices in Farmington Hills, Detroit, Sterling Heights, Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor. For more information, visit https://www.michiganautolaw.com or call (800) 968-1001.