NEEDHAM, Mass. (PRWEB) May 17, 2018
The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced the agenda and speakers for its Special Events program, which will be held during the OMG Technical Committee (TC) meeting from June 18-22, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel in Boston, MA, USA. Registration for the Special Events program is open to the public. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCMAP18.
The Special Events agenda features standards developed and published by OMG members. Experts in retail and healthcare will discuss:
- how location technology and location-based analytics can foster better merchandizing decision-making;
- the impact of privacy and security issues in healthcare IT, (including a demonstration of a web portal that analyzes code for security flaws); and
- how standards and testbeds improve the quality and security of healthcare, along with a case study showcasing an open IoT ecosystem for clinical and remote medical devices.
OMG CEO and Chairman Dr. Soley said, “Boston is a hot bed for game-changing innovations in retail and healthcare. Now is the time for healthcare practitioners and business and tech leaders to attend these complimentary events to learn more about the standards that will alter their industries and to join the Object Management Group to stay competitive as their businesses transform.”
The Special Events for the week are:
- Location-based Technology & Analytics in Retail: Speakers Joshua Lieberman, Ph.D., from the Harvard Center for Geographic Analysis and Principal, Tumbling Walls; and Michael Drow, from the International Parking Institute will discuss how to employ location-based technology and analytics to link customer location information with ecommerce and mobile interactions. Attendees can register for the complimentary Tuesday afternoon event only or select the 3-day option, which includes attendance at the Tuesday Special Event, and involvement in the OMG Retail Task Force meetings all day Wednesday and Thursday morning. The fee for this option is USD $350.
- OMG Meet & Greet: Computer-Aided Cyber Security Using Code Analysis Web Portal Demonstration - Addressing Privacy and Security Issues in Healthcare IT: OMG members will discuss how cybersecurity impacts the health domain and demonstrate how to analyze code for security flaws using automated tools based on OMG standards. Registration is complimentary.
- Realizing Effective End-to-End Quality Management within the Health Domain: Case Studies Using OMG Standards: Dr. Stanley Huff, M.D., Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Intermountain Healthcare will keynote about “The Incredible Value to Healthcare of Service Based Interoperability.” A demonstration of the Connected Care Testbed, showcasing work from the Industrial Internet Consortium®, will highlight an open IoT ecosystem for clinical and remote medical devices. And OMG experts will discuss the “Field Guide to Shareable Clinical Pathways Using BPMN, CMN and DMN in Healthcare," a practical roadmap towards realizing healthcare IT’s potential for accessible, efficient, and high-quality workflow of care. Registration is complimentary.
All Special Events (including complimentary) require advance registration. Registration for the full OMG TC Meeting week is for members only and includes all Special Event daily fees. Non-members may attend any of the Special Events. A limited number of non-members may also attend the full OMG TC Meeting week.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCBoston to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on https://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit http://www.omg.org for more information.