Retrospect Backup is perfectly positioned to ensure customer data is tracked, protected, encrypted, and forgotten when necessary.
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (PRWEB) May 17, 2018
Retrospect®, Inc., makers of award-winning Retrospect Backup & Recovery software, today announced product enhancements for its data protection suite with the release of Retrospect 15.1 for Windows and Mac, with better tools for protecting customer data as well as deleting data for specific customers.
On May 25, 2018, organizations across the world that handle European data in the European Union need to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This affects not only EU companies but any company that handles data for EU residents, even if the data processing occurs outside of the EU borders. The penalty for non-compliance is high: €10 million or 2% of global turnover for offenses related to data processing, security, and storage.
- Data Retention: Data must be retained to ensure EU residents can request a copy.
- Data Security: Data must be protected in transit and at rest with industry-standard security.
- Data Erasure: EU residents have the right to be forgotten. You must comply if they request their data be deleted.
- Data Governance: You must be able to track and monitor where the data for EU residents is.
With broad platform and application support, Retrospect enables customers to comply with the new EU GDPR regulations, including Article 32(1) (a)-(d) and the "Right to be Forgotten" law. Retrospect's new data retention policies enables businesses to use rule-based filtering to remove specific data from backups.
“GDPR represents a dramatic shift in how businesses are required to handle customer data. EU citizens now have the right to request a copy of their data and the right to be forgotten,” said Jean-Christian Dumas, Vice President of Worldwide Sales. “Retrospect Backup is perfectly positioned to ensure customer data is tracked, protected, encrypted, and forgotten when necessary.”
In addition, Retrospect for Windows and Retrospect for Mac now include the following new features:
- Direct Email Migration and Syncing: Bypass backup and directly migrate from one email account to another, either one time or on a schedule.
- New Cloud Storage: Retrospect 15.1 provides seamless integration with even more cloud storage providers both in the cloud and on-premise, including Minio, Zenko CloudServer, SwiftStack, Aqua Ray, Cynny Space, and Synology and QNAP NAS devices.
- Windows April 2018 Update: The latest version of Windows is out, and Retrospect is fully certified for it.
- Disk Archive Alto Support: Retrospect now supports Disk Archive Alto devices, which can store from 8 TB up to 11 PB in a single rack.
Retrospect 15.1 for Windows and Mac are free for customers that have Retrospect 15 for Windows and Mac and available immediately. Customers with previous versions can purchase upgrades through our online Upgrade Wizard. Retrospect is available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.
Retrospect backup and recovery software provides small and midsize businesses with the reliability, ease of use, power, and flexibility needed to protect critical data on mixed-platform networks. Retrospect offers local and offsite backups, precise point-in-time restores, file-level deduplication, iOS remote management of multiple backup servers, end-user-initiated restores, and industry-leading customer support. With more than two decades of field-tested expertise and millions of users worldwide, Retrospect meets the needs of organizations that require the highest level of recoverability.
About Retrospect, Inc.
Retrospect, Inc. is dedicated to providing reliable backup and recovery tools for professionals and small-to-midsize businesses. For additional information, please visit retrospect.com.
Retrospect is a registered trademark of Retrospect, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their registered holders.