This year’s distinguished commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients represent the fields of journalism, civil rights, medicine, education, business, the military, law and the Catholic Church.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) May 17, 2018
The University of San Francisco (USF) has announced the lineup of speakers and honorary degree recipients for the university’s eight commencement ceremonies, taking place Thursday, May 17 through Saturday, May 19. More than 2,300 students will participate in the ceremonies at St. Ignatius Church on USF’s main campus. Events will also be live-streamed via the university website.
This year’s distinguished commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients represent the fields of journalism, civil rights, medicine, education, business, the military, law and the Catholic Church and include:
- Michele Norris, radio journalist, Founding Director of The Race Card Project, author
- Melba Pattillo Beals, Ed.D, member of the Little Rock Nine, civil rights pioneer, author and educator, Alumna, USF
- Arthur J. Ammann, M.D., Founder, Global Strategies, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at University of California, San Francisco, renowned HIV/AIDS researcher
- Honorable Martin J. Jenkins, Associate Justice of the California Court of Appeal, Alumnus and Trustee Emeritus, USF
- Charles M. Collins, President and CEO, YMCA of San Francisco
- Patrick J. Murphy, Distinguished Chair of Innovation, United States Military Academy, former Under Secretary of the Army
- Sisters of Mercy
- Shabnam Koirala Azad, Ph.D., Dean, School of Education & Professor, International & Multicultural Education, University of San Francisco
- Jeffrey L. Silk, Co-Chief Investment Officer, Fisher Investments, Alumnus and Trustee, USF
All ceremonies are invitation only. Journalists interested in covering the commencement events at USF must register by contacting Kellie Samson (415) 422-2697 or ksamson(at)usfca.edu.
About the University of San Francisco:
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes, and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit usfca.edu