We collaborated with the Careers Building Communities project because we strongly believe that this is the right solution to help usher in the next great generation of real estate and property managers.
WASHINGTON (PRWEB) July 12, 2018
Today, 29 real estate industry organizations, representing more than 10 million jobs, announced a ground-breaking collaboration to highlight the diverse career paths within the real estate sector.
The first initiative of this collaboration is a new website entitled Careers Building Communities (http://www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org), which allows visitors to navigate through the scores of career paths across all sectors of real estate. For the first time, students in high school, college, technical programs, and community colleges can explore possible career pathways within real estate by taking an interactive quiz and discovering career opportunities.
As the industry seeks to fill millions of jobs, this site serves as an all-inclusive resource for students, educators, career changers, and other stakeholders to explore the unlimited opportunities in the field of real estate.
“BOMI International has served the industry of real estate professionals for almost 50 years,” said Jeffrey Horn, President and CEO of BOMI International. “During that time, the function of the commercial real estate property and facility professional has changed dramatically. The industry now finds itself within a generational transition. With many of the industry’s Baby Boomers retiring, the industry looks to Millennials to take their place. We collaborated with the Careers Building Communities project because we strongly believe that this is the right solution to help attract new entrants to our vital industry and usher in the next great generation of commercial real estate property and facility professionals.”
Information about BOMI International and its contribution to the Careers Building Communities website can be found by visiting http://careersbuildingcommunities.org/international-property-management/.
About Careers Building Communities
CareersBuildingCommunities.org is a strategic collaboration of 29 real estate-related associations focused on raising awareness and attracting diverse talent to the many careers available across the built environment. Careers Building Communities is a platform designed for students, educators, and other individuals to explore the commercial industry and learn more about what it takes to obtain education and employment within each sector. Learn more at http://www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org.
The 29 Collaborating Associations:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Resort Development Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- The Appraisal Institute
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education
- Building Owners and Managers Association International
- Certified Commercial Investment Member
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Specifications Institute
- CoreNet Global
- Counselors of Real Estate
- CREW Network
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- REALTORS Land Institute
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Urban Land Institute Worldwide
About BOMI International
BOMI International, a nonprofit educational organization founded in 1970, provides critical education and expertise to industry personnel with property, facility, and building systems management responsibilities. As the Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education, BOMI International delivers courses, certificate programs, and industry-standard designations—Real Property Administrator (RPA®), Facilities Management Administrator (FMA®), Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA®), Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT®), and High-Performance Sustainable Buildings (BOMI-HP®)—with a proven record of increasing job performance and company efficiency. More than 40,000 industry professionals hold one or more BOMI International credential, and over 90,000 property and facility management professionals have turned to BOMI International for their continuing education, professional development, and staff training needs. To learn more, please visit http://www.bomi.org, call 1.800.235.BOMI (2664), or e-mail service(at)bomi.org.