“The Investments & Wealth Monitor has long been an industry-recognized leader in advanced investment and wealth management education,” said Sean Walters, CAE, chief executive officer.
DENVER, Colo. (PRWEB) July 12, 2018
The Investments & Wealth Monitor, a members-only publication of the Investments & Wealth Institute® (formerly IMCA), was recently awarded an Azbee Silver Award of Excellence from the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) and an Excel Silver Award from Association Media & Publishing (AM&P).
“The Investments & Wealth Monitor has long been an industry-recognized leader in advanced investment and wealth management education,” said Sean Walters, CAE, chief executive officer. “The combination of cutting-edge information, strong writing by acclaimed academics and leading industry professionals, and the redesign of the publication to reflect the new Institute brand make each issue a ‘must read’ on any professional’s reading list.”
The Investments & Wealth Monitor was recognized for excellence in business-to-business media with a Silver Azbee Award, Central Region, in the “Magazine Redesign” category in the 2018 ASBPE Azbee Awards of Excellence competition and for excellence in association publishing with an Award of Excellence in the “Magazine Redesign” category in the 2018 AM&P EXCEL Award Competition.
“Both of these competitions are among the most prestigious award programs in the trade media industry. They recognize only the best in editorial and design,” added Walters. “We are honored to receive this recognition and thank our many volunteers who work diligently on the Investments & Wealth Monitor to make each issue more successful than the one before.”
The Investments & Wealth Monitor is a bimonthly educational magazine offering peer-reviewed articles and submissions from leading thinkers throughout the financial industry. The members-only publication keeps Institute members current through industry news and articles that provide education, insight, explanation, and coverage of key issues including the latest in academic, investment, legal and regulatory, business development, and wealth management topics.
The publication is directed by an editorial advisory board comprised of the following Institute members:
- Anthony B. Davidow, CIMA®, chair, I&WM Editorial Board, and vice president– alternative beta and asset allocation strategist, Schwab Center for Financial Research
- Judy Benson, partner, Barrington Partners
- Bruce Curwood, CIMA®, CFA®, director, investment strategy, Russell Investments Canada
- Michael Dieschbourg, CIMA®, senior vice president, managing director, Alternative/ Managed Risk Group, Federated Investors
- Ahmed Farruk, CIMA®, AIF®, senior consultant, DiMeo Schneider & Associates
- Philip Fazio, CIMA®, CFP®, international financial advisor, Merrill Lynch
- James Harvey, CIMA®, CPWA®, president, Opus III Group
- Brian Hunter, CIMA®, managing director, Strategic Capital Allocation Group
- W. Chris Jenkins, CIMA®, regional vice president, American Funds Distributors
- Maria Katsileros, CIMC®, vice president, investment strategist, Natixis Global Asset Management
- Mark Kavolius, CIMA®, sales director, Bradford & Marzec
- David Koulish, CPWA®, CFP®, AIF®, senior vice president, manager–investment risk, global fiduciary risk, Northern Trust
- Brian Laible, CPA, CIMA®, CFP®, managing partner, Landmark Wealth Management
- Peter O’Brien, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®, ChFC®, wealth advisor, Morgan Stanley
- Bob Rice, managing partner, Tangent Capital and Rice Partners
- Corwin Silva, CIMA®, CIMC®, associate managing director, MFS Investment Management
- Keith VanOrden, CIMA®, managing director, BlackRock
- Alice Wang, CIMA®, national accounts associate, Matthews Asia
- Scott Welch, CIMA®, chief investment officer, Dynasty Financial Partners
A. Mark Harbour, CPA, CIMA®, CFA®, business development associate, Morgan Stanley, serves as ethics editor and Debbie Nochlin is managing editor.
For additional information, contact Greta Gloven, director of communications, ggloven(at)i-w.org or (303) 850-3079.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute®
Established in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute, formerly known as IMCA, is a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics. Through its publications, events, assessment-based certificate programs, and advanced certifications, the Institute delivers premier-quality, practical education to advanced practitioners in more than 38 countries.
The Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification is the peak international, technical portfolio construction program for investment consultants, analysts, financial advisors and wealth management professionals. The CIMA program is distinctive as one of only a few global certifications in financial services to meet international accreditation and quality standards (ANSI/ISO 17024) for personnel certification programs.
The Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is an advanced professional certification for advisors who serve high-net-worth clients. It’s designed for seasoned professionals who seek the latest, most advanced knowledge and techniques to address the sophisticated needs of clients with a minimum net worth of $5 million. Unlike credentials that focus specifically on investing or financial planning, the CPWA program takes a holistic and multidisciplinary approach.
The Investments & Wealth Institute® is a registered mark of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. doing business as Investments & Wealth Institute. CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, CPWA®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® are registered certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. doing business as Investments & Wealth Institute. RMA(SM) and Retirement Management Advisor(SM) are marks owned by Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. doing business as Investments & Wealth Institute. The Investments & Wealth Institute does not discriminate in educational opportunities or any other characteristic protected by law.