CHARLOTTE, N.C. (PRWEB) August 26, 2022
CharlotteCIO announced the winners of its 2022 Carolina CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. CharlotteCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, & Corporate, and Healthcare. The Awards were presented at the Carolina CIO ORBIE Awards at The Westin Charlotte.
“Every organization is technology-dependent, but strong leadership is the X-factor that can turn mundane IT into a remarkable strategic differentiator,” said Reenie Askew, CharlotteCIO Chair. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers – CIOs who understand the challenges of technology leadership.”
The 2022 Carolina CIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Suhas Yerra, CIO, AIG (fmr) received the Leadership ORBIE.
- Tracy Kerrins, EVP, CIO – Consumer Technology, Wells Fargo received the Super Global ORBIE for organizations over $6.5 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Jay Upchurch, EVP & CIO, SAS received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $3 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Scott Case, Senior Executive Vice President & CIO, Truist received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $7 billion annual revenue.
- Dede Ramoneda, EVP & CIO, First Citizens Bank received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Bill Golden, Deputy State Treasurer & CIO, NC Department of State Treasurer received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $1 billion annual revenue.
- Jeffrey Ferranti, SVP and Chief Digital Officer, Duke Health received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospitals & healthcare organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 500 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The Carolina CIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Suhas Yerra, CIO, AIG (fmr), who was interviewed by Angela Yochem, Chief Transformation and Digital Officer, Novant Health, and GM and COO of Novant Health Enterprises. Over 400 guests attended, representing leading Carolina organizations and their technology partners.
The 2022 Carolina CIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Google Cloud, Dell, Burwood Group, Insight, Veristor
- Gold sponsors: Bourntec Solutions Inc, Centric Consulting, Deloitte, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Softserve
- Silver sponsors: Ardoq, Coforge, Cognizant, Delphix, Grid Dynamics, HCL, Hexaware Technologies, NetCraftsmen, LLC, Persistent Systems, Inc., ServiceNow, Tata Consultancy Services, Zscaler, Inc.
- Bronze sponsors: CDW, Clearsense LLC, Internetwork Engineering, Jabian Consulting, Kingsmen Software, MOURI Tech, Optimum Healthcare IT, Publicis Sapient, TIBCO Software, VMware
- Media partner: Charlotte Business Journal
- National partner: Year Up
- About CharlotteCIO
CharlotteCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Charlotte Area chief information officers. CharlotteCIO is one of 25 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
CharlotteCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
- Achieve your leadership potential through CharlotteCIO: http://www.CharlotteCIO.org
- Stay connected with CharlotteCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/CharlotteCIO