“There is so much to be curious about as new technologies and digital experiences are reshaping business practices into the future".
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (PRWEB) September 22, 2022
MIT Sloan Executive Education is currently enrolling participants for ‘Business Implications of Extended Reality (XR): Harnessing the Value of AR, VR, Metaverse, and More’, a new course that will provide a practical, immersive, hands-on introduction to the extended reality (XR) and metaverse technologies as they apply to organizations seeking to drive and sustain new value from these advancements and digital experiences. Participants will learn key business implications and applications of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality, metaverse, virtual world, filter, 360 video, and other related XR technology.
This three-day course will be held virtually on November 30-December 2 and led by Senior Lecturer in Information Technology at the MIT Sloan School Executive Education, Paul McDonagh-Smith, an early pioneer in this space who has successfully invented and innovated with XR and metaverse technologies across multiple industries for more than 20 years. The program is designed for executives, developers, entrepreneurs, and investors seeking to understand and explore the innovation opportunities provided by XR and metaverse technologies.
“There is so much to be curious about as new technologies and digital experiences are reshaping business practices into the future,” said McDonagh-Smith. “My vision is to enable senior leaders to have the unique opportunity to explore and experiment in ways that will help them re-think how we can work, learn, communicate, and partner with new digital reality innovations.”
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will earn a certificate of course completion from MIT Sloan Executive Education. Key takeaways from the program include:
- A clear definition of metaverse, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR), and other members of the extended reality (XR) family of digital reality technologies available to organizations today.
- A shared vocabulary and digital language to communicate and collaborate inside and outside of organizations on XR and metaverse opportunities.
- Identification of key business applications and implications for each XR technology.
- Proven applications of key XR and metaverse principles to real world business opportunities and challenges.
- Analysis frameworks to select which XR technology to “hire” for what “job” and optimize performance and outcomes.
- Evaluation models and metrics of value to measure performance of XR and metaverse technologies in organizations and networks.
- Personalized XR and metaverse playbook for use in companies and networks.
- Practical and hands-on experience of using XR and metaverse technologies to build upon in teams and networks.
- Exploration-based introduction to the business applications and implications of XR and metaverse technologies that will enable individuals to approach the opportunities and challenges of this exciting sector with new capabilities and confidence.
About MIT Sloan Executive Education MIT Sloan Executive Education’s non-degree executive programs are led by senior MIT Sloan faculty and provide business professionals worldwide with a targeted and flexible means to advance their career development goals and position their organizations for future growth. The cutting-edge leadership training includes more than 90 short courses, executive certificates, online courses, custom programs for organizations, and the flagship Advanced Management Program.