“These five restaurants are gathering places, not only for travelers and hotel guests, but for locals who have been instrumental in our success,” said Fox, who is opening the hotel under his company Author & Edit Hospitality.
PHOENIX (PRWEB) May 22, 2023
Much anticipation has surrounded details of the culinary offerings at acclaimed restaurateur and hospitality innovator Sam Fox’s soon-to-open luxury hotel, The Global Ambassador, and today new details are being revealed about all five original restaurants that will open within the hotel in mid-November.
Widely considered Arizona’s most anticipated hotel opening this year, The Global Ambassador combines a refined and elevated hospitality experience that is locally connected yet created through a global lens. The restaurants embrace that same ethos and are influenced by Fox’s extensive international travels – highlighting his favorite dishes and flavors from countries and cultures around the world.
“As the hotel name implies, the restaurants are an expression of all these spectacular places. We’re now several months away from opening our doors and I’m excited to showcase what has been almost a decade in the making,” said Fox, who is opening the hotel under his company Author & Edit Hospitality. “These five restaurants are gathering places, not only for travelers and hotel guests, but for locals who have been instrumental in our success.
Guests will soon experience the collection of culinary experiences, including:
- Le Âme: Nestled in the soul of The Global Ambassador, where romantic charm meets culinary excellence, Le Âme is a Parisian steakhouse that pays homage to traditional French fare with the perfect steakhouse touch. The menu boasts a wide variety of classic French dishes like Steak Frites Au Poivre and French Onion Soup along with a new take on dishes like Tuna Carpaccio and Brick-Pressed Chicken Coq Au Vin. Carefully curated by the hotel’s master sommelier to complement the flavors of the dishes, the wine offering at Le Âme is true to its Parisian roots, but with reach across the globe. The cocktail program is also designed to mirror the cuisine – beautiful ingredients, perfectly executed with drinks like Le Spritz Nouveau and French for Grapefruit. Le Âme offers an exceptional experience at any time of the day, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
- Le Market: A personal ode to the pleasure of les deux amours, because everything is better in the company of another. The Parisian patisserie, Le Market, draws you in with echoes of chatter and a bustling pedestrian energy throughout the day. From decadent pastries and the perfect espresso in the morning to exquisite cheese presentations curated by the in-house fromager paired perfectly with natural wines in the evening. Le Market is a place where guests come to socialize in a chic yet elegant setting.
- Pink Dolphin: Step into the playful and laid-back atmosphere of Pink Dolphin, where Mexican and Peruvian-inspired dishes and drinks pair perfectly with the whimsical and vibrant poolside setting. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely lunch, a sunbather’s retreat or an alfresco dinner, the indoor restaurant spills out into a covered dining terrace. The bar is always buzzing with socializers, offering a wide range of margaritas and authentic cocktails like Guava Caipirinhas, each made with fresh ingredients and pressed juices. Dive into the Peruvian Ceviche with a variety of seafood options like shrimp, white fish and scallops, or order the Cancha, shallow-fried corn seasoned with lime and salt. As you sip, savor and sway to the beat, you can’t help but get carried away at Pink Dolphin.
- Lobby Bar: A great lobby bar isn’t a single thing done a single way – it is comfortable, stylish and well-appointed, both with worldly spirits and charming bartenders. It delivers your favorite cocktail just the way you like it and introduces you to a cocktail you’ve been missing your whole life. With a sense of style that exudes the perfect duality of intimacy and liveliness, the Lobby Bar ignites creative expression with a sophisticated spirit, welcoming essence and dynamic musical stylings - think jazz trios and special artist-in-residence nights. The Lobby Bar serves a mixture of classic and craft cocktails with a European flair. Two libations worth highlighting are Basil & Ginger and Caffe Du Jour. Complement your cocktail with something from the all-day snack menu such as Lobster Croquettes and House-made Potato Chips with French Onion Dip (made even more decadent with the addition of Osetra Caviar). Come and experience the epitome of refined sophistication at the Lobby Bar, where every moment is an indulgence for the senses.
- théa Mediterranean Rooftop: Soon to be one of the West’s most picturesque rooftop settings, theà Mediterranean Rooftop is inspired by the sun-soaked Mediterranean region. In the shadow of Arizona’s famed Camelback Mountain, theà, which translates to goddess of light, serves as a haven where guests experience simple pleasures and extravagant moments sky high, that only intensify as the sun sets on the horizon.
There will be no better place to set the scene for an unforgettable night while surrounded by the breathtaking views and lively DJ energy as théa comes to life. The menu explores the vast preparations of mezze, pasta and coastal seafood with dips, flatbreads, perfectly prepared vegetables and marinated protein skewers, all designed to be shared. Théa’s cocktail program is equally as rooted in fresh and house-made ingredients that combine the classic with the unexpected. But the cocktails are not to be outdone by one of the country’s most extensive rosé collections. Theà’s contagious energy lingers in the open air, beckoning you back for more whether for dinner or weekend brunch.
Within the hotel will also be Global Ambassador Club, Arizona’s first-of-its-kind, members-only club where members have access to a variety of exclusive services, amenities and their own private restaurant, The Grill. For more, visit GlobalAmbassadorHotel.com or follow along at @TheGlobalAmbassadorHotel.
About The Global Ambassador
The creation of prolific restaurant innovator Sam Fox as his foray into the luxury hospitality world, The Global Ambassador is an internationally inspired hotel that merges impressive hospitality, culinary and wellness experiences within one perfectly and precisely curated destination. Where Phoenix, Scottsdale and Paradise Valley converge, The Global Ambassador blends a refined and elevated hospitality experience that is created through a global lens and locally connected. Every detail of the well-appointed, 141-room hotel has been meticulously poured over, studied and designed by Fox himself. Each element is purposefully created to elicit one cultivated experience that is rich in charm and sophistication. As a 12-time James Beard award nominee, Fox’s stellar lineup of inventive culinary offerings define The Global Ambassador. The hotel boasts five original dining venues with cuisine influenced by the vibrant flavors found all over the world – from the sun-soaked Mediterranean region of France, Italy and Spain to the bright and alluring tastes of Peru and Mexico. Nestled in the soul of the hotel, where luxury meets culinary excellence, is Le Âme, a Parisian steakhouse that celebrates a thoughtful blend of traditional French fare with a twist on the classics. Perched atop the hotel is a destination all its own - theà Mediterranean Rooftop is one of the West’s most spectacular rooftop settings where the dramatic views of iconic Camelback Mountain and one of the country’s most expansive rosé collections are there for the taking. The hotel’s world-class amenity offering includes a Wellness Center complete with an expansive fitness level and ultra-luxe spa where health, beauty and fitness experts curate treatments and practices designed to put the mind and body in perfect balance. This is a convergence of significance found in hospitality, wellness and culture. For more, visit GlobalAmbassadorHotel.com.
About Author & Edit Hospitality
Author & Edit is the creation of restaurant innovator Sam Fox, who has developed a growing lineup of unique concepts found across the United States. Now, Fox embarks on a journey to design, develop and operate memorable hospitality experiences. The properties are authored with an extraordinary vision and meticulously edited to create offerings that are not only seen, but felt. What sets the company apart is not just in material, but in the culinary expertise, passion for local authenticity and subtle nuances that make up its collective story. Each Author & Edit property is an original; created through a global lens and connected to the diverse communities, cities and neighborhoods in which they reside. The company’s collection includes The Global Ambassador, an iconic hotel in the heart of Arcadia, where Phoenix, Scottsdale and Paradise Valley converge, as well as the remarkable The Twelve Thirty Club at 5th and Broadway in Nashville.