Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) January 07, 2015
5G is essentially a revolutionary paradigm shift in wireless networking to support the throughput, latency, and scalability requirements of future use cases such as extreme bandwidth augmented reality applications and connectivity management for billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices.
Driven by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives, the analyst expects 5G R&D and trial investments will account for nearly $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next 5 years. Nearly 70% of these investments will target large scale commercial trial networks in Japan, South Korea and other early pioneering countries. Despite a lack of standardization, vendors are aggressively investing in 5G development efforts with a principal focus on new transmission schemes, antenna technologies, and higher frequency bands. The 5G networks are expected to utilize a variety of spectrum bands, ranging from established cellular bands to millimeter wave frequencies. And the 5G standardization activities are expected to commence between 2015 and 2016.
The “5G Wireless Ecosystem: 2015 – 2025 – Technologies, Applications, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the emerging 5G ecosystem, including key market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, use cases, vertical market applications, spectrum bands, wireless carrier deployment commitments and vendor strategies. The report also presents forecasts for both 5G investments and subscriptions.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- 5G requirements, use cases & vertical market applications
- 5G market drivers and barriers
- Air interface & antenna technologies: Massive MIMO, waveforms, phased array antennas & beamforming
- Spectrum Technologies: Cognitive radio, spectrum sensing, aggregation & LSA (Licensed Shared Access)
- D2D communications & self-backhauling networks
- Complimentary technologies for 5G: NFV (Network Functions Virtualization), SDN (Software Defined Networking), HetNet (Heterogeneous Networking), C-RAN (Cloud RAN), drones & satellites
- Spectrum options for 5G
- Standardization & research initiatives
- Competitive assessment of vendor strategies & commitments to 5G
- 5G investment and subscription forecasts from 2015 till 2025
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following regional submarkets:
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Order a copy of this report at (Prices start at US $2000 for a single user PDF) http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=323028.
Key Questions Answered:
- How much will vendors and operators invest in 5G R&D and trial commitments?
- What will the number of 5G subscriptions in 2025 and at what rate will it grow?
- What will be the key applications of 5G networks?
- What trends, challenges and barriers will influence the development and adoption of 5G?
- Which regions and countries will be the first to adopt 5G?
- Will 5G networks utilize new spectrum bands?
- Who are the key 5G vendors and what are their strategies?
- Will 5G be a C-RAN centric network?
- What will be the impact of 5G on the M2M and IoT ecosystem?
- Will drone and satellite based communication platforms play a wider role in 5G networks?
Companies Mentioned: 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project), Aalborg University, Aalto-University, Aeroflex, Aircom International, Alcatel-Lucent, Alpental Technologies, Anite, ARIB (Association of Radio Industries and Businesses, Japan), Ascenta, Ascom International, BBC, BMW, BT, Chalmers University of Technology, China Mobile, Connected Digital Catapult, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, DT (Deutsche Telekom), EE, EM3 (Enterprise M3), Ericsson, Etisalat, European Commission, Facebook
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Fujitsu, Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe, Google, GSMA (GSM Association), Huawei, IBM, Institut Mines-Télécom, Intel, ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute), ITU (International Telecommunication Union), KTH - Royal Institute of Technology, MegaFon, Ministry of Industry, Development and Reform Commission, China, MOST (Ministry of Science & Technology, China), MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, Korea), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, NEC, New York University, NGMN (Next Generation Mobile Networks), Alliance, Nokia, Nokia Networks, NTT DoCoMo, Ofcom, Orange, Poznan University of Technology, Qualcomm, Rohde & Schwarz, Roke Manor, RWTH Aachen, Samsung, SES S.A., SingTel, SK Telecom, Telecom Italia, Telefónica, TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association), Titan Aerospace, Universitaet Bremen, Universitat Politècnica de València, University of Kaiserslautern, University of Oulu, University of Surrey, Vodafone and ZTE.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 500,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Call +1 888 391 5441 with your industry research requirements or email, the details on sales at reportsandreports.com.