Our kids books far outweigh traditional books because children read about themselves and not about others in the stories
Monroe, New York (PRWEB) December 28, 2013
As the holiday season is now over and the kids are at home on break, it can get a little hectic for parents. Personalized Books by KD Novelties provides the top 5 ways to keep kids busy during their holiday break while providing educational tips.
1. Un-Decorate the House
- The decorations have to come down so you might as well get the kids to help you. Involve all the kids the younger ones and older ones. Give them appropriate tasks - smaller children can take down the ornaments at the lower part of the tree, the older ones on the top of the tree and pick up and carry boxes. Parents can even make a competition of it by challenging their kids by seeing who can take down the most ornaments in 3 minutes or who can pack everything away the fastest. Not only does it make it fun for them parents can get their un-decorating tasks done faster!
2. Purge any Old Toys and Clothes to bring in the NEW
- As most can attest children simply have too many toys. The break is a perfect time to get the kids to look through their toys and see if there is anything broken or have missing pieces that can be discarded. They can go through toys that they are no longer playing with while teaching them to be charitable at the same time. They can donate to less fortunate children, a childcare center or shelter. It helps them keep busy while cleaning and helping others.
3. Write Gift Thank-You Notes
- Children can write their thank you notes all at once or over the course of several days. They can take a picture of their gift and send the note via snail mail or electronically. Parents can even take a video of the child saying thank you while featured with their gift, which will create even more excitement for the kids and bring a smile to the gift giver.
4. Let the Kids Go Outside
- Bottled up in the house will make them go crazy. Yes, it's cold in some parts of the United States or snowy but let them go outside. Kids are okay as long as they are bundled up and if it's snowing, even better. The endless possibilities of games and things to do in the snow is unbelievable. If it's warmer where the family is located, hiking, biking or even visiting the park can give them and parents a break too.
- Parents need to take time and read with their kids. If they are older set apart some time in the day where everyone drops everything and read. If they got new books for the holidays they can start reading those or visit the local library and pick up some books. Kids usually don't want anything associated with school and reading is one of them but make it fun and interactive. Act out character voices, dress the part, or make a play from the story. The goal is to get them excited about reading.
KD Novelties provides personalized kids books that will get kids excited about reading. KD Novelties' books make children the star of their very own story while promoting literacy in a unique way. "Our kids books far outweigh traditional books because children read about themselves and not about others in the stories", says Kim Delgado spokesperson of KD Novelties. Their books range from birth to about 12 years of age and have books for both boys and girls.