Growth of agriculture industry, mainly in Asia Pacific and Latin American countries expected to boost the demand for agricultural film over the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) June 30, 2014
Global market for agricultural films is expected to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing population and decreasing area of land available for agricultural purpose are expected to remain key driving factors for the market. Government regulations regarding use of plastic materials and impact of plastic on nature are expected to slow down the market growth.
Mulching emerged as a leading application segment and accounted for 44.3% of total market volume in 2013. It was closely followed by green house, which is also expected to be fastest growing application market, growing at an estimated CAGR of 6.1% from 2014 to 2020. Silage has been relatively nascent application segment and is also expected to grow at relatively sluggish rate.
The report “Agricultural Films Market Analysis By Application (Green House, Mulching, Silage), By Raw Material (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, EVA, Reclaims) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-films-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-films-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global market for agricultural films was 4,651.7 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected reach 6,935.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020. Use of agricultural films in green house segment was highest revenue generator in 2013 and was closely followed by mulching.
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene was most dominating raw material for agricultural films segment and accounted for 55.3% of total market volume in 2013. LLDPE is also expected to be the fastest growing raw material segment, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020 and is expected to contribute over 50% of total revenues from agricultural films market in 2020.
- EVA/EBA is a promising raw material segment for agricultural films market, presently contributing to less than 5% of total market volume in 2013; it is expected to see significant gains over the next six years.
- China retained its maximum share in total volume of agricultural films market and accounted for 61.7% of total market volume in 2013. China is also expected to be the fastest growing market, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Global market for Agricultural films is fragmented within many companies including BP industries, Trioplast, ExxonMobil, Armando Alvarez, Group Barbier, Ab Rani Plast Oy, Britton Group, Novamont, BASF, Kuraray and many others. BP industries holds maximum individual market share which accounted for 6.5% of total market share for agricultural films in 2013. Innovations such as biodegradable agricultural films are expected to fuel market growth.
Browse All Plastics, Polymers & Resins Market Reports Available at Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Agricultural Films market on the basis of application and region:
- Global Agricultural Films Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Green House
- Global Agricultural FilmsRaw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
• Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
• High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
• Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (EVA)/Ethylene Butyl Acrylate (EBA)
- Agricultural Films Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Central & South America
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Middle East & Africa
Browse All Grand View Research Ongoing Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
Non Halogenated Flame Retardants Market Analysis By Product (Aluminum Hydroxide, Phosphorous Based), By Application (Polyolefins, Epoxy Resin, UPE, PVC, ETP, Rubber, Styrenics), By End Use Industry (Electrical, Construction, Transportation) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/non-halogenated-flame-retardants)
The global market for non-halogenated flame retardants is expected to reach USD 2.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Concern for human health and environment has led to many countries banning halogen based flame retardants. These regulations and legislations are key factors positively affecting the demand for halogen free retardants. Polymers are being increasingly used in many end use industries such as automotive, electrical, construction, etc.
Coated Fabrics Market Analysis By Product (Polymer, Rubber, Fabric Backed Wall Coverings) By Application (Transportation, Protective Clothing, Industrial, Furniture) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coated-fabric-market)
The global market for coated fabrics is expected to reach USD 22,576.7 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Coated fabrics market is expected to witness rapid growth due to positive outlook on application markets and product innovation. Increasing growth in automotive industry is also expected to boost the coated fabrics market over the forecast period. Rising demand for protective clothing due to its wide application in food processing, agriculture, chemical processing is expected to fuel the market growth of coated fabrics.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519