UNION, Washington (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Set along the majestic shores of the Hood Canal, Alderbrook Resort & Spa continues to be a top destination for respite and relaxation as a leading romantic hotel in Washington State. From the sweeping views of the snowcapped Olympic Mountains to the renowned in-house Spa and remarkable Restaurant, Alderbrook is the perfect retreat for those looking to get away. Located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland, Alderbrook Resort & Spa is offering a variety of activities aimed to relax and swoon throughout the month of February.
Culinary, spa and hotel experiences include:
- Wine Maker’s Dinner with Long Shadows: On Feb. 1, meet the Wine Makers of the distinguished Columbia Valley vintners Long Shadows winery and enthrall your senses with six paired courses crafted by The Restaurant at Alderbrook’s own Executive Chef Lucas Sautter. Ranging from char grilled octopus salad to rosemary smoked venison rack, each dish will be served with a red or white wine blend to complement its particular flavor profile. Event is open to the public and costs $149 per head. Space is limited and reservations are required. Social hour beings at 6:30 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner: Make your Valentine’s Day special with a romantic culinary experience at Alderbrook Resort & Spa. The special three course menu for two will be sure to dazzle the senses. Dinner is available on Feb. 14-16 from 5:00-9:00 p.m. and is open to Resort and non-Resort guests. Reservations are required and space is limited.
- Lovers Escape: Enjoy overnight accommodations along with $150 dining credit, two signature cocktails in the Restaurant and chocolate covered strawberries, all starting at $279.
- Indulge Yourself: Indulge in an overnight stay packaged with credits to be enjoyed at the Restaurant and Spa, as well as chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Room rates start at $439 and are available Feb. 14-15.
- A Night to Remember: Create an unforgettable Valentines celebration with a relaxing overnight stay, credit to be used at the Restaurant and Spa, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, oysters during dinner and one dozen roses. Room rates start at $709; available Feb. 14-15.
In addition to the unique foodie events taking place in February, the Washington state vacation destination is hosting special community events open to resort guests and non-guests alike. Amenities and activities include:
Mondays in February:
- Prime Rib Dinner: With unrivaled flavor and simplicity, this prime grade cut is love at first bite. Starting at 5:00 p.m., dine at the Restaurant at Alderbrook for this divine specialty dish.
Tuesdays in February:
- Aqua Yoga: Get fit and have fun with aqua yoga. Meet at Alderbrook’s saltwater pool from 3:30-4:30 p.m. for this low impact activity that improves strength, flexibility, and range of motion. This activity is complimentary to overnight guests, $10 for non-resort guests (non-resort guest reservations required).
Wednesdays in February:
- From Shell to Shooter-an Oyster Class- Learn how to perfectly shuck and eat a Hood Canal oyster. Offered from 4:00-5:00 p.m., complimentary to overnight guests.
- $1 Oyster Night- There are few things more unique to the Hood Canal than oysters harvested fresh from the surrounding pristine waters. Indulge in a fresh oysters for $1.00 per shell, offered Wednesday evenings starting at 5:00 p.m. at the Restaurant at Alderbrook.
Thursdays in February:
- Bottomless Champagne Sunset Cruise- Board the Lady Alderbrook at 3:00 p.m. for a romantic, two hour cruise down the Hood Canal. From the cabin and decks of Alderbrook’s own private yacht, admire the beauty of the sunset accompanied with hors d’oeuvres and an endless supply of champagne. The sunset cruise is open to Resort guests and non-guests, costing $40 per person, $75 per couple. There is limited space and reservations are required. Cruise on Feb. 6 will be from 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Fridays in February:
- Port & Chocolate Welcome Reception- Kickoff a stay at Alderbrook with complimentary tastes of locally made Port and house-made chocolates. Welcome reception takes place in the hotel lobby from 6:00-7:00 p.m. and is complimentary to overnight guests.
- Live Music and Happy Hour: Enjoy the happy hour menu and live local entertainment in the Restaurant Lounge from 9:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
Saturdays in February:
- Xbox Game Room Tournament- For the young and young at heart, test those hard earned gaming skills in the weekly Madden NFL tournament for a chance to win Resort credits. Meet in the Xbox Game Room from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Sundays in February:
- Local Artisan Showcase- Admire the artistic creations and take home authentic souvenirs made by local artisans from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the restaurant breezeway.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page online or call (360) 898-2200. To make reservations at The Restaurant at Alderbrook, please call (360) 898-5500.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.