Europe is expected to dominate global market growth over the next six years.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 15, 2014
The global antibacterial glass market is expected to reach USD 222 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. need to prevent the growing number of nosocomial or Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) is expected to be the key driving force for the market over the forecast period. Antibacterial glass offers an architectural solution for the prevention of infections, which is expected to drive product demand in healthcare settings.
Increasing demand for medical device coatings is also expected to positively impact the global market over the next six years. Low consumer awareness regarding benefits offered by these products may restrain industry growth over the next few years. Technological advancements, such as the development of antibacterial glass for touchscreen displays by U.S. based Corning is expected to be an opportunity for industry participants
The report “Antibacterial Glass Market By Active Ingredient (Silver, Others), By Application (Hospitals, Food And Beverage, Military Equipments, Household) Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antibacterial-glass-industry.
Inquiry before buying at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/24.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In terms of active ingredient used, silver dominated the global market and accounted for 92.3% of the overall market share in 2013. It is also expected to grow at the fastest rate of 6.8% from 2014 to 2020. This is mainly because of its effectiveness in imparting antibacterial properties to the glass and toxicity to microorganisms.
- Hospitals are expected to be the largest and fastest growing application over the forecast period. The segment accounted for 42.6% of the global market in 2013, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2014 to 2020. Hospitals are expected to remain the key application area due to the need for ensuring a sterile environment, particularly in vulnerable spaces such as ICUs and geriatric wards.
- Europe is expected to remain the market leader over the next six years, and contributed 60.6% to the global market revenue in 2013. It is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2014 to 2020, mainly on account of the presence of key industry participants in the region.
- Companies operating in the market include AGC Glass Europe, Nippon Sheet Glass (NSG), Saint Gobain, Corning Inc., etc. The market is consolidated in nature, and characterized by price sensitivity among consumers. Product innovation is expected to remain the key growth strategy over the forecast period.
Request free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antibacterial-glass-industry/request.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global antibacterial glass market on the basis of product and region:
- Antibacterial Glass Active Ingredient Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Antibacterial Glass Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Food and Beverage
• Military Equipments
- Antibacterial Glass Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all Specialty glass, ceramic and fiber market reports at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-glass-ceramic-and-fiber.
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Polyphenols Market Analysis By Product (Grape Seed, Green Tea and Apple), By Application (Functional Beverages, Functional Food and Dietary Supplements) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyphenols-market-analysis) The global market for polyphenols is expected to reach USD 1,025.7 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing geriatric population mainly in U.S., Western Europe and Japan is expected to drive polyphenols demand over the forecast period. Growing consumer awareness regarding health benefits offered by polyphenols is also expected to augment the demand, especially in relatively developed markets.
Lactic Acid And Poly Lactic Acid (PLA) Market Analysis By Application (Packaging, Agriculture, Transport, Electronics, Textiles) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lactic-acid-and-poly-lactic-acid-market) The global poly lactic acid (PLA) market is expected to reach USD 2,169.6 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The global lactic acid market is expected to reach USD 4,312.2 million by 2020, fueled by growing PLA demand. Increasing bioplastics demand coupled with growing adoption of PLA for packaging products is expected to drive the market over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc