Increasing demand for plasma by biopharmaceutical companies coupled with improvements in healthcare infrastructure and reimbursement policies is expected to drive market demand.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) July 09, 2014
The global market for apheresis equipment is expected to reach USD 2,885.6 million by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 11.5% from 2014 to 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of blood disorders such as bleeding problem and platelet disorder are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. In addition, growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer or autoimmune diseases, supply of platelets owing to an increasing number of platelet donors, improvement in healthcare infrastructure and facilities and demand for plasma by biopharmaceutical companies are also expected to serve this market as drivers.
Apheresis machine dominated the overall product market in terms of share in 2013, mainly due to its high price. On the other hand, disposable apheresis kits are expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 14.0% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing initiatives aimed at curbing incidence rates of infectious diseases such as bloodstream infection or BSI and hospital acquired infections or HAIs are expected to augment their market growth over the next six years. Plasmapheresis dominated the procedures market in 2013, with revenue estimated at over USD 746.8 million, owing to its high applicability in donor apheresis. The demand for photopheresis is anticipated to grow rapidly, at an estimated CAGR of 13.4% from 2014 to 2020, due to increasing prevalence of sezary syndrome, principally in patients with increasing circulating sezary cells level.
The report “Apheresis Equipment Market Analysis By Product (Devices, Disposables), By Application (Renal Diseases, Hematology, Neurology), By Procedure (Plasmapheresis, LDL-Apheresis, Plateletpheresis, Leukapheresis, Photophereis, Erythrocytapheresis), By Technology (Membrane Filtration & Centrifugation) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/apheresis-equipment-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/apheresis-equipment-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Neurology dominated the application market in terms of share at over 50.2% in 2013, due to increasing prevalence of blood disorder, plasma exchange due to growing rates of multiple sclerosis majority in the U.S.
- Membrane filtration was the most dominant technology in the apheresis market, with revenue estimated at over USD 805.9 million in 2013. Centrifugation is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 12.6% from 2014 to 2020. It finds usage in the apheresis of any blood component and is not restricted to plasma exchange as membrane filtration.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2013, accounting for over 48.5% of global revenue due to the presence of high patient awareness levels, healthcare expenditure and sophisticated healthcare infrastructure.
- Asia Pacific expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 13.5% from 2014 to 2020. Large presence of unmet medical needs coupled with constantly improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging markets of India and China are some of the factors accounting for its rapid growth.
- Key industry participants include Asahi Kasei Kuraray Medical Co., Ltd., Terumo BCT Inc., Haemonetics Corp., Kawasumi Laboratories Inc., Hemacare Corporation, Fenwal Inc. and others.
Browse All Reports of Medical Devices Market By Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the apheresis equipment market on the basis of product, application, procedure, technology and region:
- Apheresis Equipment Product Outlook
- Apheresis Equipment Application Outlook
• Renal diseases
- Apheresis Equipment Procedure Outlook
- Apheresis Equipment Technology Outlook
• Membrane Filtration
- Apheresis Equipment Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Grand View Research Upcomoing Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
North America Coaxial Cable Market Analysis By Application (Video Distribution, Radio Frequency Transfer, Internet Data Transfer), By End-Use (CATV Companies, System Integrators, Military And Aerospace, Telephone Service Providers, Internet Service Providers, Construction Industry) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/north-america-coaxial-cable)
The North American coaxial cable market is expected to reach USD 3,482.3 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased spending on telecom and IT, low installation/setup cost coupled with advancement in technology is expected to be the key market driver over the forecast period. The presence of a large number of internet service providers in this region is expected to spur demand across end-use application markets. High demand for coaxial cables, owing to high investment in broadcasting and broadband sectors so as to enhance communication infrastructure, is also expected to serve as a driver to the market over the next six years.
Emulsion Polymer Market Analysis By Product (Acrylics, Styrene- Butadiene Latex, And Vinyl Acetate Polymers), By Application (Painting & Coating, Adhesives, Paper & Paper Board Coatings) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/emulsion-polymer-market)
The global emulsion polymer market is expected to reach USD 44.22 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Growth of major end use industries such as paints & coatings and adhesives coupled with regulatory support across various nation is expected to remain key driving factors for the market. Environmental benefits associated with the use of emulsion polymers have been significantly instrumental in enhancing market penetration. However, volatile prices of key raw materials including styrene and acrylics is expected to be a challenge for industry participants over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc