Increasing aquaculture market coupled with growing direct human consumption of fish and fish products expected to boost demand
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) April 14, 2014
The global market for aquafeed is expected to reach USD 133.1 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing use of aquafeed in carp and crustacean farming is expected to boost market demand over the forecast period. The growing market for aquaculture, owing to the static natural production of fishes is expected to be another key driver for market growth over the next six years. In addition, the increasing focus on nutraceuticals such as omega 3 enriched products is also expected to have a positive impact on aquafeed applications.
Key aquaculture additives include antibiotics and amino acids as they cannot be synthesized by the fish but are essential for regular body mechanism. Amino acids were the largest used aquafeed product, with estimated market revenue of USD 236.0 million in 2013. Feed acidifiers are expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period, at an estimated CAGR of 6.1% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Aquafeed & Aquaculture Additives Market Analysis and Segment Forecast To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/aquafeed-and-aquaculture-additive-market
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/334
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global aquafeed demand was 37.60 million tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 77.93 million tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 11% from 2014 to 2020.
- Carps were the largest consumers of aquafeed, at 9.70 million tons of global market in 2013. The segment is also expected to witness fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 11.2% from 2014 to 2020. Carps are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and offer high sources of protein that are low in fat. The growing consumer awareness regarding omega 3 health benefits is expected to drive demand for carps in turn augmenting demand for aquafeed.
- Mollusks and Crustaceans were the other large application segments for the aquafeed market together accounting for 33% of the global market in 2013. Crustaceans such as lobsters, shrimps and crabs and mollusks such as oysters are increasing being used as exotic food products and improving economic conditions in parts of Asia Pacific is expected to further the demand for aquafeed over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific was the most dominant regional market accounting for 65% of global consumption in 2013. The presence of vast aquaculture industry particularly in China is expected to enhance the demand for aquafeed in the region over the next six years.
Request Sample of this Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/334
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global aquafeed market on the basis of end use and region. Furthermore, aquafeed additive market has been split on the basis of product segments:
- Aquafeed Additives Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Amino Acids
• Feed Acidifiers
- Aquafeed Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Aquafeed Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
More Animal feed and feed additives Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/animal-feed-and-feed-additives
Related Market Research Publised By Grand View Research :
Animal Feed Organic Trace Minerals Industry Trends And Market Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-organic-trace-minerals-industry) The global market for animal feed organic trace minerals is expected to reach USD 624.6 Million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Higher bioavailability or organic trace minerals in animals as compared to inorganic counterparts is expected to be a key driver for the market over the next six years. In addition, growing regulatory concerns regarding the hazardous effects of unabsorbed inorganic minerals is expected to further augment the demand for organic counterparts.
Animal Feed Enzymes Industry Trends And Market Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-enzymes-industry) The global animal feed enzymes industry has been experiencing significant growth rates over the last few decades and is expected to grow at a rapid pace over the next few years on account of growing meat consumption. In addition, growing concerns regarding the diseases outbreak amongst animals has also been one of the major factors driving the demand for animal feed enzymes. However, the high cost associated with the feed enzymes on account of rising raw material cost has been acting as one of the major factors inhibiting the market growth.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519