Cruzin’ Havana is a huge party on Havana Street. The classic car show and family fun opportunities...create unique memories."
Aurora, Colorado (PRWEB) June 03, 2014
The 7th Annual Cruzin’ Havana Car Show & Poker Run gets in gear 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Saturday, June 14, 2014. The Havana Business Improvement District (BID), dba On Havana Street, partners with Havana Auto Parts and other area businesses to put on this popular Aurora, Colorado event.
“Cruzin’ Havana is a huge party on Havana Street,” said Havana BID Executive Director Gayle Jetchick. “The classic car show and family fun opportunities at five festival sites create unique memories that complement the improved and improving shopping in Aurora experience.”
Past Cruzin’ Havana events have drawn over 20,000 people from multiple states. There is no cost to attend or participate in the Poker Run; participants simply register at any of the five Festival Sites:
- The Stampede, 2430 S. Havana St. (Parker Rd & Havana St)
- Havana Machine, 850 S. Havana St.
- Mike Naughton Ford, 150 S. Havana St.
- Concorde Healthcare, 111 N. N. Havana (1st & Havana St)
- Gibby's, Buckingham Village Shopping Center, 1555 S. Havana St.
Entertainment at the festival sites includes hundreds of classic cars on display and:
- Musical entertainment including DJ Randy Jay from Cruisin’ Oldies 950AM radio and Rusty the Ragtop Rocker & the Atomic Drifter rockabilly band
- Fuzzy Dice Rolls for gas cards
- Delicious food from Meat Truck Jones BBQ, SteveO’s Pizza, Dora’s Mexican Restaurant, Incredible Edibles Funnel Cakes and more
The Concorde Healthcare parking lot will be the site of the Big Kidz Zone with Crayola Playland activities including a bounce house and a “cash cube” for grown-ups.
The Poker Run winner will receive an ocean cruise for two from Cruise Holidays at The Ranch. Second prize is a 50-inch HDTV courtesy of Havana Auto Parts. Losing poker hands can be entered into a drawing for $200 cash. Poker hands are accumulated by visiting all the festival sites.
Additional Aurora, Colorado events on Havana Street in June include:
- Havana Farmer’s Market – Locally grown, fresh, organic produce is available each Monday June 16 – September 29, 2014, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. New this year, the Aurora Public Library Mobile Van will be on site with lots of books and computers with Wi-Fi. Location: Havana Exchange Shopping Center, 2802 S. Havana St.
- The Summer Rose Garden Concert Series continues with Face Vocal Band, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 7:00 PM. Location: Lisa Strawn Memorial Rose Garden at The Gardens on Havana, 10551 E. Garden Dr. (S. Havana & E. Mississippi)
“Havana BID merchants and this community continue to come together to make the Havana corridor the most positive and family-friendly place in the Denver metro area,” said Jetchick, “and you can absolutely feel it this summer on Havana Street.”
About Havana Business Improvement District
The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) dba On Havana Street is a special district in Colorado created in 2007 by business and neighborhood leaders and Aurora city staff working together to build a stronger, better community. The District makes a difference by focusing on unique, culturally diverse events and fun new things to do and working to keep the area clean, safe and beautiful. For more information please contact Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director info (at) OnHavanaStreet (dot) com, (303) 360-7505.