The newest features in Governance Automation enable users to have easy access to SharePoint for their collaboration initiatives while ensuring that pre-established governance policies are met.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) August 28, 2014
AvePoint, the established leader in enterprise-class management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms, today announced the general availability of DocAve Governance Automation Service Pack (SP) 5. With DocAve Governance Automation, administrators can implement an extensible data governance strategy that empowers users, is easy to maintain, and scales as the organization grows.
Governance Automation gives business owners oversight into SharePoint site provisioning as well as content and permissions management in order to help develop an information architecture based on enterprises’ specific needs. New features include:
Deeper SharePoint Integration
- Access Denied Redirect—Streamline all security features through one system with a managed service request process via Governance Automation in order to provide more insight into each request, including who requested access, time of request, who approved the request, and the level of permission granted.
- Policy Bar—Drive Governance Automation-related information and insights directly to users via the SharePoint interface with a banner or “badge," which can now be auto-populated on the top of all SharePoint pages to display a color, graphic, and label indicating the specific policy applied.
- Site Information Card—Eliminate the need to leave your SharePoint site by allowing access to Governance Automation-maintained information – site contacts, metadata, quota usage, and lifecycle information – and providing easy access to service request details within the site itself.
Additional Security Control
- Grant Permission Level Control—Provide more flexible security options during provisioning by defining specific groups and allowing requestors to add additional members during the site/site collection provisioning process. Administrators can now also limit the permission level a requestor is allowed to ask for when making a permissions request.
Greater Performance Optimization
- Automatic Content Database Allocation—Enable administrators to enforce and automate stated database processes and policies by specifying intended content database server targets, naming schemes, and size thresholds.
- Site Quota Change Service—Allow administrators to set more conservative initial quotas and easily allow authorized users to request quota increase/decrease for site collections with automated execution upon approval. IT administrators can reduce the overall cost of storage by starting users with conservative storage quotas, only increasing if usage exceeds the set limitations.
“Social enterprise collaboration and cloud computing may have turned normal business operations on its head within the past few years, but it doesn’t take away the ultimate importance of overall data governance,” said George Petrou, Chief Technology Officer, AvePoint Inc. “The newest features in Governance Automation enable users to have easy access to SharePoint for their collaboration initiatives while ensuring that pre-established governance policies are met.”
DocAve Governance Automation SP 5 is generally available today, August 26, 2014. For more information on the new features, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the established leader in enterprise-class big data management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms. Focusing on helping enterprises in their digitization journey to enable their information workers to collaborate with confidence, AvePoint is first to market with a unique solution that centralizes access and control of information assets residing in disparate collaboration and document management systems on-premises and in the cloud. AvePoint solutions and services aim to bring together business, IT, as well as compliance and risk officers to serve key business objectives such as big data, cloud integration, compliance, enterprise content management, and mobile data access monitoring.
Founded in 2001 and based out of Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint serves more than 13,000 organizations in five continents across all industry sectors, with focused practices in the energy and utilities; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; and public sector industries. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Application Development Partner and Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. AvePoint is privately held and backed by Goldman Sachs and Summit Partners.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.