Belmont, CA (PRWEB) February 20, 2014
BlogHer, Inc., the premium cross-platform media network and publisher for women, today announced a powerhouse sponsor advisory board that will innovate sponsor opportunities at the 10th Annual BlogHer Conference, the largest event for bloggers and social media influencers in the nation, taking place July 24-26, 2014 in San Jose, CA.
“Having worked with the BlogHer community since 2009, it’s clear they’ve become the very nerve center of female digital influence, said Stephanie Smirnov, Managing Director of Consumer Marketing at Edelman NYC. “Lisa, Elisa and Jory continually set a new bar of excellence with each new BlogHer conference and brand partnership they execute. I’m honored to join the advisory board to give back to the community that’s made such a difference to my clients and me over the past five years.”
Rick Wion, Director of Social Media for McDonald’s Corporation, added “Having been a partner with BlogHer since 2007 on both the agency and brand side, I’m excited to help the organization in its continued growth and evolution.”
The sponsor advisory board is comprised of representatives from key BlogHer partners, working together to push the creative envelope and guarantee high-impact engagement with the thousands of social media influencers who attend BlogHer’s events. Advisory board members are drawn from both brands and agencies who have long been part of the BlogHer experience and community:
- Stephanie Agresta, Global Director, Social Media and Digital at MSLGROUP
- Christine Cea, Senior Director, Marketing Communications, Unilever
- Gemma Craven, Executive Director, Head of Social Customer Engagement, Ogilvy One Worldwide
- Christine Garboski, Head of Test Kitchens, Nestle
- Jennifer LIttle, Senior Vice President at MWW Group
- Blake McKinney, Principal at Latitude/The Richards Group
- Kelley Skoloda, Partner/Director, Global Brand Marketing Practice, Ketchum
- Stephanie Smirnov, Managing Director, Consumer Marketing at Edelman NYC
- Irana Wasti, Chair, GoDaddy Women’s Initiative Network and Head of Product, Productivity Applications
- Karen Wickre, Editorial Director, Twitter
- Rick Wion, Director of Social Media, McDonald's Corporation
“Our Advisory Board members are long-time advocates and supporters of the BlogHer community,” said BlogHer Co-founder and President of Strategic Alliances Jory Des Jardins. “As part of that advocacy, these advisors have always generously shared their expertise as thought leaders in the social marketing space; now we’ve formalized their roles.”
"I am excited to join BlogHer's first Sponsor Advisory Board and help define a better sponsor experience for the successful BlogHer conference,” said Irana Wasti, Chair of GoDaddy Women in Technology Network and Head of Product, Productivity Applications. “BlogHer's mission of empowering and connecting women bloggers and small business owners makes this conference an important event for the BlogHer community, and sponsors play a key role."
Brands looking to benefit from this high level planning and engagement, contact email@example.com to be connected with the appropriate account representative.
To register for BlogHer '14, please visit: http://blogher14.eventbrite.com
BlogHer (http://www.blogher.com) is the leading cross-platform media network created by, for and with women in social media. BlogHer delivers quality advocacy at scale for brands seeking to engage in authentic and persuasive dialogue with moderated communities led by more than 7,000 leading influencers who reach an audience of 100 million across premium blogs, Pinterest™, Facebook®, Twitter™ and social media. Founded in February 2005 by Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone, BlogHer publishes and syndicates news, information, advice, recommendations and research on women in social media across interest areas as well as on BlogHer.com. The Company also hosts the world’s largest conferences for women in social media.
- Pinterest is the registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc., Facebook is the registered trademark of Facebook, Inc., and Twitter is the registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Such trademarks are used for reference purposes only; Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter have not endorsed or sponsored BlogHer, Inc.