Each member of the PPA board...brings a unique set of skills and talents to the table, aiding PPA in a variety of areas
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 05, 2016
This spring, Professional Photographers of America (PPA) brought in three new board members alongside Steve Kozak, M.Photog.Cr.,CPP, who will be extending his tenure on the board to fill in a vacant seat. These individuals—all PPA members themselves—will shape the vision for the association until March 2017.
PPA is a nonprofit association and the board is an essential component of that designation, taking an active role in its legal and financial responsibilities, visioning and policy. Each member of the PPA board is an active, professional photographer and brings a unique set of skills and talents to the table, aiding PPA in a variety of areas. Each board member serves three two-year terms and becomes eligible to run for the executive board after completing their first term.
The current executive board of PPA’s board of directors includes the following:
- President Lori Craft, Cr.Photog.; Marshall, MI
- Vice President Rob Behm, M.Photog.Cr., CPP; Spokane Valley, WA
- Treasurer Stephen Thetford, M.Photog.Cr., CPP; Fayetteville, AR
- Chairman Michael Timmons, M.Photog.M.Artist.Hon.M.Photog.Cr., CPP, F-ASP; Vassar, MI
The newest members of the PPA board are as follows:
- Kathryn Meek, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, API; Hot Springs, AR
- Clark Marten, M.Photog.Cr., CPP; Billings, MT
- Industry Advisor Michael Hanline; St. Paul, MN
Directors continuing on PPA's board include the following:
- Audrey Wancket, M.Photog.Cr., CPP ; Spring Grove, IL
- Gregory Daniel, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, F-ASP; Titusville, FL
- Mary Fisk-Taylor, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, ABI, API; Richmond, VA
- Barbara Bovat, Cr.Photog.; Claverack, NY
- Jeffrey Dachowski, M.Photog.Cr., CPP; Bedford, NH
- Steve Kozak, M.Photog.Cr., CPP; Grand Prairie, TX
Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the largest international nonprofit association created by professional photographers, for professional photographers. Almost as long-lived as photography itself, PPA's roots date back to 1869. It assists more than 29,000 members through protection, education and resources for their continued success. Learn more at PPA.com.