Growing global women employment rates are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) July 22, 2014
The global market for breast pumps is expected to reach USD 1,197.7 million by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 7.6% from 2014 to 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Introduction of innovative technologies including hand free breast pumps, growing women employment rates coupled with growing awareness levels pertaining to the advantages of breast milk are expected to drive breast pump demand over the next six years. In addition, presence of untapped growth opportunities in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China and the introduction of government initiatives such as declaring breast pumps tax deductible are expected to serve this market as future growth opportunities.
Closed breast pump systems dominated the overall market in terms of revenue share at 83.4% in 2013. These systems are relatively more hygienic and free from microorganisms as the milk does not come in contact with air at all and therefore, hold higher usage rates.
The report “Breast Pumps Market Analysis By Product (Open System, Closed System), By Technology (Manual, Battery-Powered, Electric Pump), By Application (Personal Use, Hospital Grade) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/breast-pumps-market.
Request free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/breast-pumps-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Battery-powered pumps dominated the pumping system type market in terms of share at over 55.7% in 2013 due to increasing number of women who are in need of extracting milk several times a day and looking to store it for a longer duration.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2013, accounting for over 61.4% of global revenue due to the presence of high women employment rate, patient awareness levels, healthcare expenditure and sophisticated healthcare infrastructure.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market, at an estimated CAGR of 17.0% from 2014 to 2020. High prevalence of unmet medical needs coupled with constantly improving healthcare infrastructure coupled with growing populationin emerging markets of India and China are some of the factors accounting for its rapid growth.
- Personal use breast pumps are expected to experience significant market gains. Growing customer awareness levels coupled with increasing disposable incomes is one of the major factors accounting for its fast growth.
- Key industry participants of this market include Medela Inc., Philips AVENT, Ameda Breastfeeding Solutions, Hygeia Medical Group, Whittlestone Inc., Lansinoh Laboratories Inc., Bailey Medical, Energizer Personal Care, and LLC (Playtex Baby).
Browse All Reports of Medical Devices Market By Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the breast pump market on the basis of product, technology and region:
- Breast Pump Product Outlook
• Open system
• Closed system
- Breast PumpTechnology Outlook
• Manual Pumps
• Battery-powered pumps
• Electric pumps
- Breast Pump Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Grand View Research Ongoing Reports at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Latest Reports By Grand View Research:
Formaldehyde Market Analysis By Application (UF Resins, PF Resins, MF Resins, Polyacetal Resins, Pentaerythritol, Methylenebis, 1,4-butanediol), By End User (Construction, Automotive, Furniture) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/formaldehyde-market)
The global formaldehyde market is expected to reach USD 21.03 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Growth in furniture and construction industry along with increasing concentration in Asia Pacific is expected to be a key driver for the market over the next six years. Fluctuating raw material prices coupled with the increasing consumer awareness regarding harmful effects of formaldehyde is expected to be a major challenge for the market over the forecast period.
Unified Communication Market Analysis By Product (On Premise, Cloud-Bases/Hosted), By Application (Education, Enterprises, Government, Healthcare) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/unified-communication-market)
The global unified communication market is expected to reach USD 75.81 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increase in mobile workforce as well as enterprise mobility is expected to favorably impact the global market over the next six years. Growing demand and proliferation of smartphones is also expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.