Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) June 16, 2014
Wiley CPAexcel is pleased to announce the release of the July 2014 content updates to the Wiley CPAexcel CPA Exam Review Course. These updates have been incorporated into the course and include specific updates to study text, multiple-choice questions, task-based simulations and video lectures currently within the Wiley CPAexcel course.
July 2014 updates to Wiley CPAexcel include:
- Fourteen hours of new lectures added. Approximately 30% of the Wiley CPAexcel course lectures have been updated and enhanced to expand topic coverage and include more problem solving and exam advice. Several dozen new “Deep Dive” lectures have been added to the Business and Financial sections. Deep Dive videos provide further explanation and problem solving for students who are seeking more examples and walk-throughs on specific topics.
- More streamlined Proficiency Questions (PQs) and Flash Cards (FCs) - PQs and FCs have been fully reviewed and updated to tie more closely to the most important facts in the study outline and to better target the questions you’re more likely to encounter on the CPA Exam. This review has resulted in an overall reduction in the number of PQs and FCs which means greater study efficiency.
- The Auditing (AUD) sections include a new lesson covering Auditing Standard No. 17. Coverage of Probability-Proportional-to-Size (PPS) Sampling has been expanded with a dedicated lesson. Additionally, the Government Auditing Standards and Using the Work of Internal Auditors lessons have been updated to include recent changes.
- The Business (BEC) section includes new video lectures throughout, along with the new deep dive videos. The IT section has also been restructured for better flow and expanded to include emerging topics. Changes will still map to past questions and new lessons to support a transfer of your study metrics while minimizing disruption to studies already in progress.
- In the Financial (FAR) section, lectures in the Governmental and Not-for-Profit area have been updated and expanded. A new lesson has been added to cover Private Company Council (PCC). Several lessons have been removed or combined to better reflect exam relevancy and improve flow.
- The Regulation (REG) section has been updated to reflect changes in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as well as the new Federal Tax Provisions.
About Wiley CPAexcel
Proven to prepare students to pass for the CPA Exam at nearly twice the national average, Wiley CPAexcel CPA Exam Review offers a dynamic learning system which dramatically reinforces learning and retention. Concise, interactive lessons keep users focused while reviewing important concepts. Unique in the CPA Review industry, Wiley CPAexcel promises to be "your partner until you pass," providing students with unlimited free online updates and free course repeats until one year after they pass the CPA Exam.
Wiley CPAexcel is a branded product of Wiley.
Wiley is a global provider of content-enabled solutions that improve outcomes in research, education and professional practice. Wiley’s Professional Development business creates products and services that help customers become more effective in the workplace and achieve career success. It brings to life the ideas and best practices of thought leaders in business, finance, accounting, workplace learning, management, leadership, technology, behavioral health, engineering/architecture, and education to serve these communities worldwide.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE: JWa, JWb), has been a valued source of information and understanding for more than 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 450 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, and Peace. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company's website can be accessed at http://www.wiley.com.