“Our guests help educate patients–and their physicians–about the personal side of coping with cancer,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president of Intellisphere Oncology and Healthcare Specialty Group.
PLAINSBORO, N.J. (PRWEB) November 12, 2015
November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Recognizing the impact that a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer has on patients, loved ones and caregivers, CURE Media Group announces the release of a new series of videos as part of CURE Connections®, a video platform designed specifically for patients with cancer. The latest CURE Connections series explores strategies for the management of pancreatic cancer from the unique perspectives of the patient and physician.
In the U.S., about 35,000 new cases of pancreatic cancer are diagnosed annually, and the incidence is growing. Signs and symptoms of the disease are often not obvious until after it has spread.
A preview clip on Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month is available at: http://cureconnections.curetoday.com/videos/pancreatic-cancer-awareness-month.
In addition, many other CURE Connections videos are available at http://www.curetoday.com/.
The new series features seven discussions with pancreatic cancer patient Dorothy Mitchell and her husband, Tony, and Dr. John L. Marshall, professor and chief, Division of Hematology/Oncology at Georgetown University Hospital, and director of the Ruesch Center for the Cure of Gastrointestinal Cancers, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. The series is hosted by Dr. Philippa Cheetham, a highly respected medical correspondent.
Each episode of the series is about ten minutes in length and explores a significant aspect of pancreatic cancer, its diagnosis and management … from the doctor’s and the patient’s perspectives:
- Coping with the Disease, in which Ms. Mitchell and her husband offer advice on how to deal with the disease, and discuss how they get through day-to-day concerns;
- A Caregiver’s Perspective on what it’s like to be the partner of a patient with pancreatic cancer;
- Different Treatment Options and Top Tips From Cancer Patients, in which Dr. Marshall describes therapies for pancreatic cancer; Ms. Mitchell discusses her involvement in clinical trials and provides advice to newly diagnosed patients;
- Approaching the Bad Outcomes and Staying Positive, in which Dr. Marshall talks about delivering bad news to patients while stressing the importance of staying positive;
- R&D for Pancreatic Cancer and Using Reliable Resources, in which Ms. Mitchell talks about getting the right information; Dr. Marshall points to new treatment opportunities;
- Treatment Options and the Side Effects of Chemotherapy, where Dr. Marshall discusses treatment options, and Ms. Mitchell describes how she copes with the side effects of chemo; and
- Blood Tests, Biopsies and Symptoms, in which Dr. Marshall explains testing procedures and Ms. Mitchell details her perspective on tests, biopsies and diagnosis.
“We are proud to offer this latest series on pancreatic cancer, which explores what those at risk need to know, and provides insight into disease management for those already affected,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president of Intellisphere Oncology and Healthcare Specialty Group. “This important series joins our growing library of patient videos on the CURE Connections platform, which reflects our commitment to advancing cancer care through a broad range of educational, research and communications services for the oncology community.”
A longtime leader in print and digital publications, Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., debuted CURE Connections in August 2015. The platform explores challenging topics, such as being diagnosed with cancer, talking to your doctor about the diagnosis, cancer treatments, myths about cancer and symptoms management.
“The unique value of CURE Connections is our comprehensive approach to issues facing patients and their families,” added Hennessy. “Our guests help educate patients–and their physicians–about the personal side of coping with cancer.”
About CURE Media Group
CURE Media Group’s flagship product, CURE® magazine, is the indispensable guide to every stage of the cancer experience. With nearly 1 million readers, CURE is the largest consumer publication in the United States focused entirely on cancer, with broad distribution to cancer patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups. CURE Media Group’s offerings also include its online resource, curetoday.com; live meetings; a resource guide for the newly diagnosed; and the Extraordinary Healer™ national nursing award. CURE Media Group combines science and humanity to make cancer understandable. CURE Media Group is part of the Plainsboro, N.J.-based Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. (MJH), family of businesses, which includes the acclaimed OncLive (http://www.OncLive.com) platform of resources for the practicing oncologist. For more information, visit http://www.curetoday.com or http://www.mjhassoc.com.
For CURE Media Group: Becky Taylor, 609-240-6886, email@example.com