Growing share of natural gas in the global energy basket expected to boost CBM production over the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) March 20, 2014
Global CBM (Coal Bed Methane) market is expected to reach USD 17.31 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020. Unconventional CBM reserves, especially in coal-rich regions are increasingly gaining the spotlight as the industry strives for energy independence. Exploration and commercialization of unconventional hydrocarbon energy sources is seen as a critical step by energy agencies, to stabilize the energy supply-demand gap in the coming years. With CBM being a pure natural gas form, producers and consumers also have the opportunity to obtain much needed carbon credits and tax incentives.
The report “CBM (Coal Bed Methane) Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coal-bed-methane-industry.
The strict framework designed for extraction by various environmental agencies coupled with the highly capital intensive process is expected to be a key challenge for industry participants over the next six years.
Inquiry Before Buying at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/46.
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Global CBM production was 2,920.3 Bcf in 2013 and is expected to reach 4,667.4 Bcf by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Power generation and industrial applications dominated CBM usage, accounting for over 64% of global volumes in 2013, with the former expected to be the fastest growing CBM market, at an estimated CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- U.S. and Canada are the largest CBM producers, accounting for over 70% of global volume in 2013. U.S. CBM market revenues were estimated at USD 7.22 billion in 2013 and are exoected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most dynamic regional market, with significant unexplored reserves. China, India and Indonesia are expected to lead the Asian CBM industry. The Chinese Ministry of Land and Resources has already announced plans to produce 16 billion cubic meters of coal bed methane by 2015, while Indonesia has already audited 1,000 bcf net resources and has production target of over 15,000 bcf by 2020.
- Key companies involved in CBM extraction include Arrow Energy, Dart Energy, Santos, PetroCHina and petronas.
Browse All Pocket Data Published By Grand View Reserach at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/pocket-data.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global CBM market on the basis of application and region:
- CBM Application Outlook (Volume, Bcf; Revenue, USD Billion; 2012-2020)
• Power Generation
Regional coverage of the database includes:
- North America
Direct link for sample request of this report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coal-bed-methane-industry
Latest Pocket Data Published By Grand View Research:
Tight Gas Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tight-gas-industry) Global tight gas market is expected to reach USD 59.40 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2014 to 2020. Depleting conventional natural gas reservoirs around the world has prompted the industry to develop unconventional reserves which is expected to remain a key factor driving the market for tight gas. In addition, government support in the form of financial incentives and tax holidays is also expected drive the market over the forecast period. Favorable regulatory scenario in China, coupled with government initiatives to increase tight gas and CBM production is expected to drive market demand over the next six years.
Organic Foods & Beverages Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/organic-foods-beverages-market) Global organic food & beverages market is expected to reach USD 211.44 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 15.7% from 2014 to 2020. Growing adoption of organic food & beverages owing to associated health benefits and eco-friendly characteristics is expected to drive demand over the next six years. In addition, regulatory support for organic farming is also expected to have a positive influence on the market by improving supply and product quality.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519