'At DPAC our goal each summer is to provide our fans with the best in entertainment without the worry of rain or extreme heat. Our fans value the friendly, up-close, indoor experience at DPAC,' said Emily McLoughlin, DPAC Marketing Director for Concerts.
Durham, NC (PRWEB) May 29, 2014
Beat the summer heat with Cool Summer Nights at DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, showcasing eight can’t-miss intimate event experiences as opportunities to escape the hot weather while enjoying superstar entertainment. From June to August, DPAC is pleased to present the Cool Summer Nights series in partnership with media sponsors FOX50 and Indy Week. Single tickets to each event are on sale now featuring Grammy®Award-winning legends, some of the hottest stars from reality TV, and five DPAC premieres. No rain. No heat. No humidity. It’s better indoors at DPAC.
Cool Summer Nights at DPAC will consist of the following eight shows:
- June 5 – From the World’s Biggest Stages to a Rare Theater Experience, Weezer
- June 22 – The Ultimate Summer Music Experience, Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band
- June 29 – Julianne and Derek Hough Live on Stage, Move Live on Tour
- July 13 – Top Ten Finalists Including NC Natives Caleb Johnson & Majesty Rose, American Idol Live!
- August 9 – American Pop Legend with 19 Top-Ten Hits, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- August 17 – An Intimate Evening of Rock, 3 Doors Down Acoustic
- August 24 – Must-See Breakout Rock Group, NEEDTOBREATHE
- August 27 – First Triangle Appearance with Large Band in 4 Years, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
Tickets are sold separately for each event and are available now:
- Online at DPACnc.com/CoolSummerNights
- DPAC Ticket Center: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
- Ticketmaster.com/DPACconcerts / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
"This is one of DPAC’s strongest Cool Summer Nights line-ups ever, from rock to pop to dance and more. At DPAC our goal each summer is to provide our fans with the best in entertainment without the worry of rain or extreme heat that can dampen the concert experience. Our fans value the friendly, up-close, indoor experience that DPAC provides for each show,” said Emily McLoughlin, Marketing Director for Concerts and Comedy at DPAC.
Summer starts early with the Cool Summer Nights pre-party to take place in the Capitol Broadcasting Company Plaza at DPAC prior to each Cool Summer Nights performance. Featuring corn-hole, prize giveaways, an outdoor bar, FOX50’s interactive ride ZU, and some of your favorite local radio DJs, the pre-party is the perfect start to each of the shows in this year’s line-up.
DPAC Ticket Center, located at 123 Vivian Street in Durham at the corner of Mangum and Vivian Streets, will begin summer hours starting Monday, June 16. From June 16 through September 1, DPAC Ticket Center will be open Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm (Closed Mondays), Saturday 10am-2pm, and Sundays only when there is a scheduled performance starting three hours prior to show time.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, has become the center for live entertainment in the Triangle. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of-the art sound and video. Listed four times in the top 10 in Pollstar magazine’s annual worldwide theater attendance rankings, DPAC is currently the #4 ranked theater in the U.S.
What is up next at DPAC? The ultimate feel-good show MAMMA MIA (May 30-June 1), a rare theater experience with WEEZER (June 5), and “I Love the 90’s Tour” featuring R&B superstars KEITH SWEAT with special guest 112 (June 6).
For more information please go to http://www.DPACnc.com.