"DynaMed Plus was designed with evidence from actual physicians to provide them with a tool that fits within their workflow and gives quick access to the clinical information they need wherever and whenever they need it."
IPSWICH, Mass. (PRWEB) June 01, 2015
EBSCO Health, a leading provider of clinical decision support solutions, today introduced DynaMed Plus™, a cross-platform evidence-based clinical decision support tool for physicians and other medical professionals. It provides clinicians with the ideal blend of evidence and expertise to help them determine optimal patient care paths.
DynaMed Plus is a significant enhancement over other tools currently on the market and includes the most frequently updated evidence-based content. DynaMed Plus content is supplemented with full color images, is optimized for the way a physician works and provides the quickest time-to-answer. Additionally, DynaMed Plus is the only clinical decision support tool to give users thorough and transparent insights into the strength of the evidence-based data for how recommendations are made.
The volume and frequency of clinical information updates today is staggering, making it challenging for providers to keep current while also treating an expanding patient roster. DynaMed Plus helps medical professionals quickly find evidence-based answers to make the best treatment decisions in any location—in the hospital, at their practice or taking a call at home. With DynaMed Plus, clinicians (and their patients) will benefit from:
- Quickest time-to-answer—The semantically-enriched search experience facilitates easy and immediate discovery. DynaMed Plus has been redesigned from the ground up focused on optimizing time to answer for the busy clinician, and includes intelligent auto-suggest, direct-to-section search results, exact match summary display, dynamic linking and quick access to relevant calculators.
- Concise, accurate overviews and recommendations—With DynaMed Plus, clinicians can quickly refer to concise, accurate overviews for the most common conditions as well as evidence-based recommendations for action. EBSCO Health uses two types of evidence grading: the Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) system to classify synthesized recommendations as Strong or Weak, and easy-to-interpret Level of Evidence labels so users can quickly find and determine the quality of the best available evidence.
- Comprehensive image library—DynaMed Plus includes 4,000 full-color medical graphics and images to help clinicians make the best decisions. The library includes clinical photos, tables, imaging and illustrations.
- Rigorous editorial process—Subject-specific experts review topics on a daily basis using the DynaMed Plus proprietary evidence-based methodology and quality assurance process.
- Access to specialty content—Clinicians can view thousands of topics covering emergency medicine, cardiology, oncology, infectious disease, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and much more.
- Anywhere, anytime access—DynaMed Plus can be used on iOS and Android mobile devices, making access fast and easy, and providing clinicians with an intuitive and elegant mobile experience. The app comes standard with every subscription at no extra cost and provides offline access as well as the ability to bookmark favorites, email topics, and create and save notes.
“We know physicians have a choice when it comes to point-of-care decision support. DynaMed Plus was designed with evidence from actual physicians to provide them with a tool that fits within their workflow and gives quick access to the clinical information they need wherever and whenever they need it,” said Betsy Jones, chief content officer and vice president of Medical Product Management, EBSCO Health. “DynaMed Plus is the only solution on the market today to provide clear and concise, yet information-rich summaries that include evidence to support our grading recommendation. This is how physicians know they can trust our clinical recommendations.”
Always-On, Multi-Channel Access to Decision Support Content
DynaMed Plus is accessible on all major platforms – the Web, desktops, laptops and mobile devices running Apple iOS or Google Android, including smartphones and tablets. It can be accessed when Wi-Fi is available and also in off-line mode, so clinicians are never without the content they need.
Additionally, DynaMed Plus offers electronic health record (EHR) integration for seamless clinical decision support. It supports all access options offered by most leading EHR systems, including the ability to search DynaMed Plus with one click right from the patient record, and a HL7 Infobutton, which enables quick access to relevant DynaMed Plus content for a specific disease, condition, medication or lab results, and ensures compliance with Meaningful Use Objectives.
About EBSCO Health
EBSCO Health, part of EBSCO Information Services, is a leading provider of clinical decision support solutions, healthcare business intelligence, and medical research information for the healthcare industry. EBSCO Health users include professionals in medicine, nursing, and allied health. Flagship products include DynaMed Plus™, CINAHL®, Nursing Reference Center™, clinical e-books and e-journals, EBSCO Discovery Service™, licensed databases (such as MEDLINE®), plus EBSCONET®. EBSCO databases are powered by EBSCOhost®, the electronic resource favored by libraries around the world.
About EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) is the leading discovery service provider for libraries worldwide with more than 8,000 discovery customers in over 100 countries. EBSCO Discovery Service™ (EDS) provides each institution with a comprehensive, single search box for its entire collection, offering unparalleled relevance ranking quality and extensive customization. EBSCO is also the preeminent provider of online research content for libraries, including hundreds of research databases, historical archives, point-of-care medical reference, and corporate learning tools serving millions of end users at tens of thousands of institutions. EBSCO is the leading provider of electronic journals & books for libraries, with subscription management for more than 360,000 serials, including more than 57,000 e-journals, as well as online access to more than 700,000 e-books. For more information, visit the EBSCO website at: http://www.ebsco.com. EBSCO Information Services is a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., a family owned company since 1944.