European companies face unique challenges operating under strict government regulations that are complex and costly to implement. Caspio customers have a turnkey low-code platform to manage data and create cloud apps quickly and within the guidelines.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) June 02, 2016
Caspio, the leading business productivity platform for low-code cloud applications, today announced the release of the Caspio EU Compliance Edition, a new offering of its platform designed to help European customers maintain compliance with data protection and privacy laws under the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Last month, the GDPR was enacted after four years of negotiations – officially starting the countdown for companies to achieve compliance within two years by May 25, 2018. The regulations apply to the processing of personal data of citizens residing in the EU, regardless of whether the company or data processor is based in the EU. Companies that do not comply with the new regulations potentially face fines of up to 4 percent of their total revenue or 20 million euros (whichever is greater).
As a cloud pioneer since 2000, Caspio has helped thousands of global corporations, universities, government agencies, and healthcare organizations operate secure and compliant cloud applications. Caspio operates its Platform-as-a-Service infrastructure on AWS datacenters located around the world and serves a large number of European customers, offering an EU-based datacenter since 2013.
The new EU Compliance Edition provides additional security and infrastructure capabilities above and beyond Caspio’s standard EU offering.
Unique capabilities of the Caspio EU Compliance Edition:
- Entirely EU-Based – The EU Compliance Edition and its disaster recovery sites are entirely hosted and operated from AWS datacenters in Ireland and Germany.
- Data Encryption at Rest and in Transfer – All data is encrypted at rest and in transfer, with no opportunity to access data or applications in a non-encrypted manner.
- Audit Logs – All access to data (create, read, update, and delete) is logged on a separate environment outside the account and is archived for three years.
- Dedicated Infrastructure – Caspio’s EU Compliance Edition is operated on high-availability, security-hardened infrastructure separate from the standard accounts.
- Data Backup, Retention and Disaster Recovery – Caspio maintains physical, operational and contingency procedures to back up, retain and recover customer data.
“European companies face unique challenges operating under strict government regulations that are complex and costly to implement. Caspio customers have a turnkey low-code platform to manage data and create custom cloud applications quickly and within the guidelines,” said Frank Zamani, Founder and CEO of Caspio. “We remain fully committed to meeting the needs of our European customers by providing cost-effective, next-generation cloud application solutions.”
In addition to the EU Compliance Edition, Caspio’s platform is available in various enterprise editions that meet strict security and regulatory requirements including HIPAA, FERPA, and FIPS-140 compliance. Existing customers who are interested to migrate to the new EU Compliance Edition should contact their account manager for details.
Caspio, Inc. provides the leading business productivity platform to help companies shrink the development time of custom cloud applications from weeks to hours, and from thousands of dollars to a small monthly fee. Caspio’s low-code platform requires no programming skills and powers cloud applications for thousands of customers ranging from global corporations and government agencies to universities, non-profits, and small businesses around the world. Learn more at http://www.caspio.com.