Use of embedded systems for navigation, infotainment and engine control in automotives is expected to drive the market in this segment
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 21, 2014
The global embedded systems market is expected to reach USD 214.39 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Favorable regulatory scenario for installation of smart devices such as smart meters is expected to drive global embedded system demand over the forecast period. Growing adoption and evolution of the Internet of Things (IoT) driven by technological advancement is also expected to fuel the industry over the next six years.
Increasing demand for end-use industries such as healthcare and consumer electronics is expected to positively impact the embedded systems market. Key requirements for an efficient embedded system include high degree of reliability and responsiveness as well as low cost, since these devices are embedded in safety critical systems. Decreasing prices of microcontrollers, which are a key component of embedded hardware, is expected to give impetus to the market in the coming years.
The report “Embedded System Market Analysis By Product (Hardware, Software), By Application (Automotive, Telecommunication, Healthcare, Industrial, Consumer Electronics, Military & Aerospace) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/embedded-system-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/embedded-system-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Embedded hardware is expected to remain the dominant product segment and accounted for 93.8% of the global market in 2013. It includes Digital Signal Processors (DSP), microprocessors as well as microcontrollers. Embedded software is expected to grow at the fastest rate of 8.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- Automotive is expected to continue leading the global market; the segment accounted for 20.8% of the overall market share in 2013. This can be attributed to the high electronic content in automotives coupled with growing focus on Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) for energy efficiency. The market for healthcare applications is expected to be the fastest growing, at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America accounted for over 34% of the global market in 2013, and is expected to remain the largest regional market over the next six years. The market in Asia Pacific is marked by the presence of semiconductor fabrication plants such as the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TMSC); the region also comprises a significant number of skilled professionals. As a result, the market in this region is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2014 to 2020, faster than the global average.
- Companies operating in the global embedded systems market offer embedded software development as well as hardware such as microcontrollers and microprocessors. Key industry participants include Renesas Electronics, Intel Corporation, Freescale Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies, Atmel Corporation and Samsung Electronics among others.
Browse All Electronic Devices Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/electronic-devices
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global embedded systems market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Embedded Systems Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
• Embedded Hardware
• Embedded Software
- Embedded Systems Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
• Consumer Electronics
• Military and Aerospace
- Embedded Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Upcoming Reports of Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
Latest Reports By Grand View Research:
Injection Molded Plastics Market (Polypropylene, ABS, HDPE, Polystyrene) Analysis By Application (Packaging, Consumables and Electronics, Automotive, Building and Construction) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/injection-molded-plastics-market)
The global market for injection molded plastics is expected to reach USD 277.78 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for plastic as a packaging material coupled with the growing packaging industry in Asia is expected to be a key factor driving market demand over the next six years. In addition, the growing need for weight reduction in automobiles is also expected to augment the demand for plastics as a substitute to metal which in turn is expected to increase the demand for injection molded ABS and polypropylene.
Stem Cells Market Analysis By Product (Adult Stem Cells, Human Embryonic Cells, Pluripotent Stem Cells), By Application (Regenerative Medicine, Drug Discovery and Development) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/stem-cells-market)
The global market for stem cells is expected to reach USD 170.15 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular and liver disease, diabetes and cancer coupled with the presence of high unmet medical needs in these disease segments is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc