Growing demand in PET production expected to drive global demand.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) April 09, 2014
The estimated market potential for FDCA is expected to reach USD 498.2 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Avantium’s FDCA production facility is expected to come online by in 2016 - 17 with annual capacity reaching 50 kilo tons by 2017. FDCA is expected to have great potential as a replacement to other petroleum based chemicals such as adipic acid, terephthalic acid and bisphenol A. The addressable market for FDCA as of 2013 was in excess of 50 million tons with PET and PBT being the largest applications.
The market potential for FDCA is expected to reach 498.15 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a exponential CAGR of 367.0% from 2014 to 2020, owing to the projected commercial production of FDCA by Avantium in 2016 using bio feed stock. The market for FDCA in 2013 was 40 tons with production on order basis primarily for scientific applications.
The report “Furandicarboxylic Acid (FDCA) Market Potential Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/FDCA-Industry.
Inquiry before buying at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/93.
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Post commercialization, PET is expected to be the largest application segment for FDCA accounting for 64% of the global market in 2020. The growing demand for packaging material coupled with the need for bio based products is expected to greatly boost the demand for FDCA.
- Polyamides are expected to be the second largest application segment in 2020 with a potential market for 80,000 tons. FDCA has the potential to replace adipic acid and its bio based alternative considering economic production by 2020.
- A limited number of companies manufactured and supplied FDCA as of 2013 and primarily for scientific purpose. Avantium is expected to begin construction of its first commercial FDCA plant with 50 kilo ton capacity in 2015 and is expected to begin production by 2017.
- Avantium has been a key participant inFDCA technology development, with partnerships and alliances with key application clients including The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, Teijin, Solvay and Rhodia.
Request sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/93.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global FDCA market on the basis of application:
- FDCA Potential Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Polyester Polyols
Related Market Reports Published By Grand View Research :
Fluorochemical Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorochemical-market) global fluorochemicals market is expected to reach USD 24.99 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Positive demand outlook from key application markets such as refrigeration, HVAC, aluminum , steel and electronic consumables is expected to drive fluorochemical sales over the next six years. The gradual recovery of automotive industry, especially in Asia and increasing application scope for PTFE in chemical processing, construction, electronics, automotive, cookware and medical is also expected to drive fluorochemical demand over the forecast period.
Polymer Excipients Industry Trends and Market Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polymer-excipients-industry) Polymer excipients are the largest consumed excipients and accounted for over half the global market. Polymer excipients are categorised into a variety of substances based on the product segment. The key segments include Micro Crystalline Cellulose (MCC), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC), Ethyl and Methyl Cellulose, Starch, Polyethylene Glycol and Sodium Starch Glycolate among others.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519