Gaithersburg, Maryland (PRWEB) April 07, 2014
GL Communications Inc., announced today the release of its enhanced OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 Analysis and Emulation Platform referred to as LightSpeed1000™.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia, Senior Manager for Product Development of the company said, “Voice, data, and video traffic is exploding as smartphones, IP TV, video streaming, and "cloud" based services takeoff. Of course SONET and SDH continue to be used for conventional channelized traffic – carrying many TDM T1, E1, T3, and E3 pipes.
Our LightSpeed1000™ platform has been enhanced to support channelized traffic in a unique and elegant manner uncommon in the industry, and an additional optical port for SONET/SDH/GigE (4 optical ports).
GL's LightSpeed1000™ hardware platforms (PCIe Card and USB Pod) are capable of OC-3/12 and STM-1/4 wire-speed processing on quad optical ports for functions such as wire-speed recording and wire-speed playback of ATM, PoS, RAW, and channelized traffic.
LightSpeed1000™ comes with software for overall monitoring, BERT, emulation, and protocol analysis with a price tag that compares very favorably with similar test instruments at three times the price. Normally, the LightSpeed1000™ is used for protocol analysis of ATM, PoS, Raw unchannelized and unframed data. The hardware can be easily configured / programmed for delaying of ATM Cells or PPP packets.”
He added, “Recently support for channelized structures has been added in OC-3/STM-1 for e.g. all 84 T1s or all 63 E1s can be identified and processed in transmit and receive modes.
The card's multiple connectivity using PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet (GigE), USB 2.0 and onboard DDR2 memory makes it suitable for many applications.
Multiple cards are possible in a PC for analysis of four or more directions simultaneously. USB 2.0 interface is used to connect with a Notebook PC for portability. GigE Ethernet ports for testing RAW, BER, RFC2544, RAW SONET/SDH, and Ethernet bridge applications. The hardware is firmware FPGA based making it easy to upgrade in the field for application versatility.”
Mr.Vadalia further added, “A unique feature of the card is the capability to capture, transmit and process at wirespeed to/from applications and hard disk on all interfaces. An API Toolkit allows users to develop specialized applications.”
Some of the Important Features:
· Wirespeed processing of ATM, PoS or RAW data for Tx and Rx for both ports (*PCIe card only).
· Software selectable OC-3/OC-12, STM-1/STM-4 for Unchannelized ATM, PoS or Transparent Traffic, and Channelized T1, E1, T3, E3 traffic
· Ability to capture/playback to/from disk at full rate in both directions for all ports. This permits detailed offline analysis that is not possible otherwise. Simultaneous synchronous capture is possible on all optical ports. The captured files can be played back to reproduce the traffic
· Comprehensive transmit/receive testing capabilities; transmitting and verifying data with incrementing sequence numbers with each packet/cell
· Industry proven Protocol Analyzer for ATM (AAL2, AAL5), UMTS, and PPP (IP and higher layer protocols), channelized protocols ISDN, SS7, CAS etc.
· Easy to use and flexible Bit Error Rate Test (BERT) application for ATM, POS, and RAW
· Complex and flexible hardware based filtering options: sixteen 128 bit independently filters with bit masks, for both ports with AND/OR include/exclude conditions
· Hardware based precise time stamping of cells / packets with 10 nsec resolution, 1 ppm accuracy
· Single mode or multi-mode fiber SFP support
About GL Communications Inc.,
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GL Communications has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors (EVs) and system integrators to meet the testing requirements arising at various stages of telecommunications product development life cycle. With its proven expertise of over 25 years, GL has a comprehensive suite of telecom testing solutions to verify and ensure 'quality and reliability' of variety of telecom networks including Wireless, and high-speed fiber optic lines.
GL's test tools range from simple PC-based software test tool to all-encompassing hardware units with futuristic expansion capabilities. GL's test solutions cover wide array of networks – 4G (LTE), 3G, IP, Ethernet, T1, T3, E1, E3, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, and traditional PSTN networks.
GL's tools are widely used by the telecommunication industry for conformance testing, automated stress/load testing, performance testing, remote accessibility, centralized web-based control and analysis, fault testing and analysis, and customized testing.