Growth in food and beverage applications expected to have positive impact on market growth
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) April 23, 2014
The global market for gelatin is expected to reach USD 3.18 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumption in applications such as food and beverage, Nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals is expected to be critical for market development over the next six years. In addition, improved demand in novel applications such as photography and cosmetics is also expected to boost sales over the forecast period. However, cultural diversity with regards to the raw materials used for extraction of gelatin, poses a significant challenge to the future prospects of gelatin market.
The pigskin was the largest commercial source of gelatin, accounting for nearly 40% of the global production in 2013. Relatively small production cycle coupled with low production cost is expected to be the key driving factor for this segment of the market. Bovine hides and bones followed pig skin as the most potent sources together producing 215 kilo tons gelatin in 2013.
The report “Gelatin Market Analysis By Raw Material (Pig Skin, Bovine Hides, Bones), By Application (Food & Beverage, Nutraceuticals, Pharmaceuticals, Photography, Cosmetics) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gelatin-market-analysis.
Inquiry Before Buying at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/341.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global gelatin market volume was estimated at 373.3 kilotons in 2013 and is expected to reach 485.6 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR 3.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Europe was the largest regional market, accounting for 147.5 kilotons of gelatin demand in 2013. High demand for applications such as food and beverage and cosmetics in countries such as Germany, Italy, France and Spain is expected to drive gelatin sales in Europe. Growing demand from the pharmaceutical industry is expected to have a positive impact on Asia Pacific gelatin demand, which is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.30% from 2014 to 2020.
- Food and beverage was the largest application market, accounting for 28% of global gelatin demand in 2013. Growing preference towards sports drinks coupled with the advantages of gelatin as a protein source is expected to be a primary factor responsible for enhanced penetration in these applications.
- Gelatin demand for nutraceutical applications is expected to reach 124.5 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global gelatin market is fairly concentrated with top five companies, accounting for over 70% of market share in 2013. The key participants in the market include Rousselot, Gelita AG, Weishardt Group, Sterling Gelatin and PB Gelatin (Tessenderlo).
Direct Link For Request Sample of This Report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/341
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global Gelatin market on the basis of application, raw material and region:
- Gelatin Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Food and Beverage
- Gelatin Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Pig Skin
• Bovine Hide
- Gelatin Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Organic Chemicals Market Reports at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/organic-chemicals-and-compounds.
Related Market Research reports:
Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/styrene-butaidene-rubber-industry) global market for SBR is expected to reach USD 23,144.3 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for SBR in tire manufacturing is expected to support the growth of this market over forecast period. The automobile industry has witnessed significant growth over the past couple of years, resulting in increased demand for tires which in turn has boosted the demand for synthetic rubbers such as SBR. The tire was the single largest application segment for SBR market accounting for 73.5% of global consumption in 2013.
Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market) global market for adhesives and sealants is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period. However, fluctuation in prices of key feedstocks is expected to remain a primary challenge for industry participants. In addition, stringent regulatory framework, mainly in the U.S. and Europe, owing to growing environmental concerns is expected to hinder the market growth over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc