Growing beer demand, particularly in Eastern Europe and Asia expected to boost demand
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 05, 2014
The global market for Glass Packaging is expected to reach USD 68.4 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing beer consumption, especially in parts of Eastern Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to be a key driver for the growth of the market over the next five years. In addition, the increasing preference towards use of glass in packaging of food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics is further expected to boost the market in the near future.
Alcoholic Beverages were the largest consumers of glass packaging and consumed over 25,000 kilo tons of glass in 2013. Beer is expected to witness fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 4.2% from 2014 to 2020. Pharmaceuticals along with food and beverage were the other large application segments for glass packaging and are expected to witness substantial growth over the next five years. However, the substitution of glass by plastic as a medium of packaging is expected to be a key restraint for the growth of the market.
The report “Glass Packaging Market Analysis By Application (Food and Beverage, Beer, Pharmaceuticals) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glass-packaging-market-analysis
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/351
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Global glass packaging market volume was estimated to be 47,000 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 60,846.5 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to maintain leadership position in the market, and is estimated to account for close to 38% of the global glass packaging demand by 2020. Europe, which is the second largest market, is expected to play a key role in boosting the demand for glass packaging owing to the increased beer consumption from countries of Eastern Europe.
- Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing regional market over the next six years, growing at an estimated CAGR of 4.2% in terms of volume from 2014 to 2020.
- The global glass packaging market is highly fragmented, with a couple of companies having significant share of the market, in comparison to numerous companies catering to the local markets. OI or Owens Illinois Inc and Saint Gobain are the key players in the glass packaging market catering to majority of the application segments. Other key companies in the market include Ardagh, Vidrala and Vetropack among.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glass-packaging-market-analysis/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global Glass Packaging market on the basis of application and region:
- Glass Packaging Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Food and Beverage
• Alcoholic Beverages
- Glass Packaging Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Specialty glass, ceramic & fiber Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-glass-ceramic-and-fiber
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Advanced Phase Change Materials (APCM) Market Analysis By Application (Building & Construction, Commercial Refrigeration, HVAC, Energy Storage And Shipping & Transportation) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-phase-change-materials-apcm-market) global market for advanced phase change material is expected to reach USD 1,765.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing need to conserve energy across various industries and sector is expected to be one of the major driving factors for the market. In addition, stringent regulations imposed on various industries to reduce green house gases emission has also helped in developing the market for advanced phase change material.
Animal Feed Additives Market Analysis By Product (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Amino Acids, Acidifiers, Feed Enzymes and Antioxidants), By Livestock (Pork, Sea Food, Poultry and Cattle) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-additives-market) Growing protein demand, especially in Asia Pacific and Latin America, is expected to be a key driver for additive demand over the next six years. In addition, various disease outbreaks in livestock animals such as swine flu and foot & mouth diseases in the past decade have led to increased regulations on meat quality and safety which further has prompted the use of feed additives.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc