"Indoor air quality is a huge contributing factor to overall health, considering how much time we all spend inside." - Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO
Orange County, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2016
With Spring right around the corner, Greenstar Home Services ‘Green It Up™’ shares new tips for California homeowners to improve indoor air quality.
Greenstar Home Services ‘Green It Up™’ is a leader in sustainable plumbing, HVAC maintenance, and whole home water filtration services serving the Orange County California area.
“We know that indoor air quality can be the worst during the Spring and Summer because there is so much extra pollen in the air” comments Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO.
Prevost continues, “Indoor air quality is a huge contributing factor to overall health, considering how much time we all spend inside. We hope the following tips help homeowners improve their indoor air quality, to ensure comfort at home”.
Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality from Greenstar Home Services:
1. Change the Air Filter Regularly: Greenstar recommends changing the air filer at least every 90 days. The filter traps air pollutants like dust, dirt, mold, bacteria and pollen. A dirty filter can even contribute to an HVAC unit failure.
2. Keep Air Ducts Clean: dirty air ducts negatively impact indoor air quality and can affect the lifespan of the HVAC unit. Call Greenstar to schedule a professional duct cleaning, it is recommended to do this at least every 5 years.
3. Invest in a Humidifier: a humidification system helps combat mold and mildew growth in the home. If the home’s air is too dry or too moist, residents may experience allergy-like symptoms. Contact Greenstar Home Services immediately upon suspecting major mold or mildew damage.
4. Plants are a Natural Filter: houseplants are an easy and aesthetically pleasing way to improve indoor air quality. Indoor houseplants can help remove toxins from the air.
5. Schedule Annual Maintenance Check: before the summer season starts, schedule an annual maintenance appointment to clean out the dirt, contaminants, and bacteria built up from the HVAC system running all winter.
“Greenstar Home Services recommends scheduling an annual air conditioning tune up to ensure the home’s unit is running efficiently” finishes Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO.
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County California markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.
To learn more on Greenstar Home Services, visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog