“You can have an energy efficient home without having to sacrifice comfort.” - Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO.
(PRWEB) July 08, 2015
This June, Southern California Edison (SCE) announced changes to energy rate factors. Southern California Edison is an electric utility organization, serving the Central, Coastal and Southern California areas. The company shared that the impact of these changes would fluctuate on customers’ monthly bills based off of the homeowner’s energy usage.
In response to the recent SCE rate factor changes, Greenstar Home Services shares tips on how to keep the home more energy efficient without sacrificing comfort. Greenstar is Orange County, California and Las Vegas, Nevada’s leading provider of green and eco-friendly plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services.
“You can have an energy efficient home without having to sacrifice comfort,” comments Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO. “A lot of energy is wasted through inefficient heating and cooling units.”
Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO notes “We compiled a few tips to help our customers save energy, and as a result, save money.”
Home Energy Savings Tips from Greenstar:
1. Schedule routine HVAC unit maintenance to ensure the system is running efficiently.
2. Insulate attic or loft space to prevent heat loss.
3. Take a hot shower instead of a hot bath to save energy.
4. Repair dripping taps before the leak adds up.
5. Turn the water off when brushing teeth to conserve water.
6. Use a power strip to turn appliances off when not in use.
7. Switch to energy saving lightbulbs.
8. Turn off lights when leaving the room.
9. Don’t let cell phones charge all night.
10. Only run the dishwasher or washing machine when the unit is full.
To learn more on Greenstar Home Services preventative maintenance services visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County and Las Vegas markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.