"Greenstar recommends annual maintenance on your home heating system to maximize the lifecycle of your unit, and ensure your monthly energy spend is as efficient as possible.” - Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO.
(PRWEB) December 09, 2015
Greenstar Home Services ‘Green It Up™, a leading provider of green and eco-friendly plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services serving the Orange County, California and Las Vegas, Nevada regions releases new HVAC tips for homeowners as cooler weather sets in.
“Winter is just around the corner,” notes Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO. “We wanted to compile some tips for our clients to hopefully prevent a future costly HVAC unit breakdown."
Prevost continues, "Greenstar recommends annual maintenance on your home heating system to maximize the lifecycle of your unit, and ensure your monthly energy spend is as efficient as possible.”
HVAC System Winter Preparation Tips from Greenstar Home Services:
- Schedule a maintenance check: annual system tune ups are vital to ensure the unit is operating at capacity. Consider having your furnace blower compartment vacuumed to remove debris.
- Test the thermostat: turn on the heat before the temperature drops to check that the system is working. Consider installing a programmable thermostat to save heating costs.
- Change the filter: the air filter has been heavily used all summer; change it at the start of the season.
- Use your senses: listen for odd noises and be aware of unusual smells coming from your HVAC unit. These can be indicators of a system issue.
- Inspect air vents: check air vents for blockages to certify maximum air circulation. Obstructions can make the HVAC unit work harder and drive up energy bills.
Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO confirms, “While Greenstar is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week for emergency repairs, scheduling a maintenance check can prevent a headache or loss of heat. Take care of your HVAC system by way of an annual inspection to reduce the likelihood of breakdown.”
To learn more on Greenstar Heating Services, visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com/our-services/heating/
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County and Las Vegas markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.