Tarrytown, NY (PRWEB) February 19, 2014
The Walden Group, a leading healthcare investment banking and consulting firm, announced the release of its 2013 Annual Strategic Healthcare M&A Report. In the context of analyzing several hundred transactions for 2013, 10 key forces have emerged as drivers for healthcare innovation and deal-making.
Key findings include:
- Medical product offerings are becoming more standardized as budgetary cuts put pressure on reimbursements;
- Hospitals and other providers are consolidating in large number, which will reduce the ranks of medical product suppliers;
- R&D budgets are being cut as companies seek to streamline and face daunting regulatory and commercialization hurdles.
"The industry landscape is going through a sea-change in how we pay for and deliver healthcare. All of this greatly impacts the Medtech sector and healthcare M&A activity. We've identified 10 key forces shaping the sector and how M&A activity is influenced by them ", said Richard Cohen, President of The Walden Group. "It is becoming harder to sustain organic growth at historic levels and M&A will increasingly be relied upon to supplement growth, but a discerning approach is now needed" he went on.
Highlights of the Walden Report include:
- The 10 Forces Shaping the MedTech Sector
- Effects on Deal Activity
- Valuation and Performance Metrics of Leading Healthcare Companies
- Notable 2013 Deals -- Summaries
- Top Deals of 2013 >$100m in Transaction Value
- Analysis of more than 100 M&A Transactions announced or closed in Q4 2013
Subscribed to by over 6,500 industry executives, the Report is available on a quarterly basis by emailing The Walden Group at email@example.com or by filling out the online subscription form on its website.
The Walden Group’s new Healthcare M&A Blog, which describes dynamics of the healthcare industry by sector, is also available on the firm’s website.
The Walden Group is a specialized healthcare investment banking firm, offering sophisticated M&A and other investment banking services with a hands-on, operations-oriented approach, based on extensive industry relationships worldwide and a lengthy track record of over 20 years. The firm also provides pragmatic strategic consulting services by principals who were healthcare executives at major medtech companies.
For further information about The Walden Group, please call 914.332.9700 or visit http://www.waldenmed.com