Catch the excitement as Husson students move into the residence halls that will become their “home away from home!”
Bangor, Maine (PRWEB) August 29, 2015
This weekend, Husson University will welcome their incoming class to the educational institution’s Bangor, Maine campus.
A wide variety of activities will be taking place this weekend. Highlights include:
- New Students Move into the Residence Halls. Catch the excitement as Husson students move into the residence halls that will become their “home away from home.” Saturday, August 29, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Hart Hall, Carlisle Hall, Bell Hall, and the Living Learning Center.
- Welcome Barbeque Lunch. A huge barbeque from Husson University will provide a delicious lunch to hundreds of students and family members as part of Welcome Weekend. Saturday, August 29, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Outdoor tent near the Bell Tower.
- First Class. Just as students get settled in, they begin attending their first class. HE 111 Husson Experience is a class designed to assist entering students in making a successful transition to life at Husson University. The goals of this mandatory course include personal development and campus community engagement. Students work together to identify academic and social resources, develop skills for academic and social success, make meaningful connections with the campus community, and develop academic and career goals. Saturday, August 29, 3:00 p.m. – 3:50 p.m., Numerous locations across campus.
- Monte Carlo Casino Night. Students play their favorite games for chips. It’s an opportunity to win great prizes and gift cards! Saturday, August 29, 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. G. Pierce Webber Campus Center
- American Folk Festival. Shuttles are available to take students to and from the festival. Admission is free for new students. Sunday, August 30, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Bangor Waterfront.
- Movie: Jurassic World. This science fiction adventure, starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, is the fourth installment in the Jurassic Park series. It is about a fully functioning dinosaur theme park where things go terribly wrong. Sunday, August 30, 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Gracie Theatre.
A full Welcome Weekend schedule with additional details about all activities can be found here.
Saturday, August 29, 2015 and Sunday, August 30, 2015
1 College Circle
Bangor, Maine 04401
Welcome Weekend begins on Saturday, August 29, 2015 and continues throughout Monday, August 30, 2015. It consists of two days of activities, events and fun at the beginning of the new school year and is designed to help students feel comfortable on campus. University offices are also open on these days to assist students with any last minute issues.
For more than 100 years, Husson University has prepared future leaders to handle the challenges of tomorrow through innovative undergraduate and graduate degrees. With a commitment to delivering affordable classroom, online and experiential learning opportunities, Husson University has come to represent superior value in higher education. Our Bangor campus and off-campus satellite education centers in Southern Maine, Wells and Northern Maine provide advanced knowledge in business; health and education; pharmacy studies, science and humanities; as well as communication. In addition, Husson University has a robust adult learning program. For more information about educational opportunities that can lead to personal and professional success, visit Husson.edu